99 Silver Frost MTX V6 Cougar

Boho

Club Member
Dec 6, 2023
Hey guys I'm new here. I've had my Cougar for little more than a year now here is a pic.
IMG-4534.jpg

It has a LPG system that I installed last year, a K&N panel air filter and all around Hertz speakers with Kenwood head unit. So it's as stock as you can get them but not for long. My big plan is turbo charging the 2.5L. I already have a thread in NC about it. But I will start with all the "basic" mods to push all I can from the stock car. Right now I am researching suspension upgrades. I'm going with BC coils, camber plates and camber bolts, Wiechers front and rear strut braces(although I would really like a cross brace for the rear but can't find one), replacing all the bushings and mounts with new, ST200 sway bars(which are really hard to find) with polyurethane bushings and to top it all semi-slick tires with new 17" or 18" wheels with a small spacer from 4x108 to 5x120(for convenience). I will create a thread with project here and keep all of you that are interested in the progress updated.

Also I have the GTS tail lights covers on a shelf in my garage but will probably wait till at least the spring to install them.

Also I'm from Bulgaria and these cars are really rare here. Probably around 20 in the whole country.

Welcome to the forum, Boho. (y)

Please keep us updated on your progress, which sounds as though it's going to be very interesting.

hi and welcome.
check the rubber grommets in the gearbox end of the cables, it tends to disappear and makes gearchange sloppy especially with a short shifter.

Reactions: Boho
Welcome ! I have been to Bulgaria and still have all the traditional Troyan pottery to prove it. I like the idea of turbo charging, but I guess I had better settle for getting them back on the road first ! Replacing looms and ECU sounds like a headache, so I was planning to gut an existing one and fit everything in there. One day.....

Hey guys I'm new here. I've had my Cougar for little more than a year now here is a pic.
View attachment 26253

It has a LPG system that I installed last year, a K&N panel air filter and all around Hertz speakers with Kenwood head unit. So it's as stock as you can get them but not for long. My big plan is turbo charging the 2.5L. I already have a thread in NC about it. But I will start with all the "basic" mods to push all I can from the stock car. Right now I am researching suspension upgrades. I'm going with BC coils, camber plates and camber bolts, Wiechers front and rear strut braces(although I would really like a cross brace for the rear but can't find one), replacing all the bushings and mounts with new, ST200 sway bars(which are really hard to find) with polyurethane bushings and to top it all semi-slick tires with new 17" or 18" wheels with a small spacer from 4x108 to 5x120(for convenience). I will create a thread with project here and keep all of you that are interested in the progress updated.

Also I have the GTS tail lights covers on a shelf in my garage but will probably wait till at least the spring to install them.

Also I'm from Bulgaria and these cars are really rare here. Probably around 20 in the whole country.
I have a set of GTS front covers up for grabs in the for sale section 👍🏻