• Welcome to the new forums. If you have any issues, please open a new thread in the Bugs & Problems section.

A thought about the regional forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

The-Computer-Saint

Well-known user
Sep 6, 2010
North East UK
England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales.

I was thinking that with England specifically that would it be a good idea to split that into the regions of England. ie: North East, Everything below the Tyne (aka the south;) ), North West

I don't know how well it'd work for the other countries, would need some input from a Scots man, Irish man and Welsh man (probably in the pub;) )

Just a thought, now you can discuss.

Richb

Honorary Member
Club Member
Sep 11, 2004
BO11 0CK
I think we had it divided like that some years ago but it just served as a place for tumbleweed to blow through.

Everton

Club Member
Oct 10, 2009
Coming Soon....
They've had regional areas over on TalkFord since the old MEG days and to be honest, anything posted in there tends to get lost as few users ever frequent the regional areas. The other problem they encountered was some regional areas with few members and others with loads. I've never seen the point really of regional areas - particularly on UKC which is a much tighter knit group of nutters than on other forums. Just my tuppence worth (y)

phil robbo

Well-known user
Oct 4, 2004
Huddersfield
I remember the old days with the regions on the forum ... as Rich says .. seldom used, and to be honest I think the present set up of regions is a waste of time, sure we could make better use of the bandwidth if they were gone.

Richb

Honorary Member
Club Member
Sep 11, 2004
BO11 0CK
Right, to reiterate.................blah blah Rob's busy enough ............blah tumbleweed...................blah explosion, .............blah blah c4 blah spam.....................blah blah blah anymore of this and you'll get an insemination from a moderator....blah blah!:censored::censored::censored:

JJ

Well-known user
Sep 10, 2004
Manchester
I remember the old days with the regions on the forum ... as Rich says .. seldom used, and to be honest I think the present set up of regions is a waste of time, sure we could make better use of the bandwidth if they were gone.

We have discussed it in the past getting rid of these areas and each time someone has made a post in them lol but I agree on the whole a fairly pointless area of the forum as the few who go to meets etc travel country wide anyway.

My vote is to get shot.

JJ

Status
Not open for further replies.