Al's Wish.

Quicksilver

Admin
Club Admin
Aug 3, 2008
South Glos.
It was Al's wish, confirmed to me by his brother Steve, that his tools and spares stash should be offered, in the first instance, to the users of the forum, both old and new.
To that end, anyone will be welcome to visit Al's place in Mansfield Woodhouse over the weekend of the 20th and 21st of November to select whatever they might fancy in exchange for a donation to either the British Heart Foundation(tools) or to his funeral expenses(spares).
Myself and Rich Elliott will be on hand to help things along.
Any spares which remain unclaimed I'm hoping to transport back to the forum stash to be made available as and when required.
Please reply in this thread if you would like to take advantage of Al's generous offer, giving an idea of which day and approx. time if possible.

S600GAR will be offered in a similar fashion but will have a thread of it's own to be posted early next week.

Wow, I’m crying reading this.
I imagine Pids address, or so close to, would be of assistance to guys like me.
Off to Google Mansfield woodhouse !

Moral, read message correctly, I’ll never learn.:)

Last edited:
I won't be coming for any spares or whatever, but if there is a memorial that we can go to, my boss has said that I absolutely must be there with no question. That's now we do things.

Doesn't matter now, when or why. As long as my respnsibilities are covered, I will be there to see you all and honour Al however that works.

Reactions: Procomm
Not sure what your plans are for his car but I think some sort of charity auction would be a good idea

I wish I had the space to take on Apgrafix equipment to keep the facility in the club, but unfortunately I don't.
Is there a way to make the donations without accepting Al's gifts?
I think the car should be caretaken by an existing or new member with the intention it attends club events if possible.

I'm more than willing to make a donation but can't make it over to Al's so could send it over to relevant place if anyone knows where to send it. I hope the car can stay within the club it would be a pity to loose such an iconic car.

I'm not in need of spares either as others have said it would be an honour to make a donation anyway in Al's name.

I hope somebody who can give S600 GAR the love and care it deserves can take her on

Reactions: Everton and mabo
Many thanks for the offers and comments, as soon as we know the funeral arrangements I will post details of how donations can be made which don't involve Al's spares or tools.
I realise this is a difficult time for everyone, not least Al's family, and would appreciate your patience while we attempt to make good on Al's last wishes.

Yeah tbh as much as I'd like to go and see what's lurking in his cave that could be of use, I'd feel like a Mako says, a magpie or vampire. Perhaps there could be another way for things to become available. I don't know, like a meet with a few boxes of the parts brought along to a neutral place?

Reactions: Mako
Al would want all of his stuff to go along to help others, and i just hope all my stuff goes the right way too when the time comes.
It's only us that have the issue, but everyone to their own, it's completely understandable given the circumstances.
I just hope someone is willing to take his car on as i did with Daves (Morgasm)

Guys, Andy has been asked by Al's family to dispose of things in accordance with Al's wishes, which is exactly what he is doing. It's difficult enough without endless alternatives, if you read the original post you'll see exactly what Al wanted and how what Andy is doing confirms that. As Tony says this is hard enough as it is.