Been a long time! (YouTube and the Cougar)

Jack

Well-known user
Dec 26, 2010
Preston
Hi all!

Back in 2015, I gave away my old Ford Cougar on this forum - S578 BTC (it was on the Calendar I think for 2016 hehe). I'd had the car for 5 years, which is the longest I've ever owned a car to this day. And I miss that car a lot. At the time I'd bought a V6 Saab 9-3, as I was wanting more power and because I always get itchy feet with cars. Well, I regretted that really as it ended up grenading its engine, and then I went on to own succession of boring crap cars. The Cougar didn't really have any issues, I'd just let it sit for a few months, not near where I lived, and then couldn't be bothered to sell it for the very low money they were going for at that time. So it went to someone here.

First of all, I think that this car might be dead now as the MOT has expired (fairly recently) But if anyone knows of its existence, please let me know.
Interestingly, my current car is a 2006 Mercedes CLK200, which is so very similar to the Cougar in many ways, same coupe shape and it's silver too like my old 'un. Although the 200 doesn't have a V6 :(

Secondly - during one of the lockdowns, I started a YouTube channel out of boredom.

The numbers of views and subscribers and everything really have been really really positive. So, and this is a big question, and I fully understand if I get no response - I'm here today to ask if anyone would be willing to lend their car to me for a day to review it. I really really love the Cougar, and I would love to get one on the channel. There are literally ZERO good videos about the Cougar on YouTube. Just 20 year old videos from Clarkson and Men and Motors. Not one YouTuber has deigned to review it, and it's a real shame. So I think I can put the good word out there about this car.

Anyway, if anyone is interested just reply here or PM me or something. I'm based in Buxton, Derbyshire. But willing to travel quite far for the right car. I'd really like to review a V6, but I know beggars can't be choosers.

If anyone is interested, I'd recommend watching the Ford Mondeo review as that's possibly most familiar, and also it's more recent and therefore more what you should expect from a new video of mine (I like to think I produce fairly professional level videos)

please see here:

Thank you so much for any response in advance, and if I don't get a car to review, no bother at all and thank you for all your help all those years ago!

Cheers,

Jack / JJ

Hi Jack looks like it's scrapped nothing showing up on DVLA for it being taxed.
I had the car for a while after getting it off Mike but ended up trading it against another car, shame Mike put a lot of work into her

Reactions: Jack
Your perfectly right very little cougar content on YouTube, very little content in magazines either, it's really the forgotten Ford, one will end up on bangers and cash eventually and go for very little money ☹️

Reactions: Jack
Hi Jack looks like it's scrapped nothing showing up on DVLA for it being taxed.
I had the car for a while after getting it off Mike but ended up trading it against another car, shame Mike put a lot of work into her
Thanks Poose, I suspected it would not be around anymore. Shame.
Post automatically merged:

Your perfectly right very little cougar content on YouTube, very little content in magazines either, it's really the forgotten Ford, one will end up on bangers and cash eventually and go for very little money ☹️

Ah, you've hit the perfect 'clickbait'-y title for the video, the Forgotten Ford. Perhaps as they thin out in numbers they will go up in value....

Reactions: The Amazon
I'd really like to review a V6, but I know beggars can't be choosers.
As the V6s are typically more desirable (not just because of the engine but because of the equipment level), Zetecs tend not to be saved; though there is a lot of tuning available to the Zetec owner.
Perhaps as they thin out in numbers they will go up in value....
That certainly seems to be the view/hope of those dealers that have them in stock.

As the V6s are typically more desirable (not just because of the engine but because of the equipment level), Zetecs tend not to be saved; though there is a lot of tuning available to the Zetec owner.

That certainly seems to be the view/hope of those dealers that have them in stock.
Not seen any tuning features for the V6 in any of the ford magazine's so far ☹️

Hello Jack and welcome back to the forum. (y)
Sounds like a very interesting project you're embarking on and I look forward to seeing the results.