• When using paypal to pay for show tickets please say in the comment box what show you are paying for. This makes it easier for us to cross refer to the show threads. Thanks.

Camping details and booking confirmation for Grendon Lakes

JJ

Well-known user
Sep 10, 2004
Manchester
DATES ARE JULY 20-23rd

Lucy has confirmed dates with me today so this a 100% now. Let's stop messing about boys and girls and let's get the numbers going up.

Camping for 2/3/4 man tents £10 per night

Camping for 5/6/7 man tents £15 per night

Camping for 8 man upwards if people want to share to reduce costs a little £20 per night.

Very important to tell them you are with cougar owners club as they are allowing space as usual for cars to be in camp area again.

Phone number for Grendon Lakes is 01933 665303

JJ

Last edited:
Due to a massive lack of funds there is a large possibility i may not be able to attend!! :-(
Having car tax due this month is really not helping either as i explained to kully, even that may not happen yet, so having Goblin parked for a month may well screw things up.
I'll keep tabs on whats going on and have to play it by ear as i'm due a lot of backpay end of july (maybe mid july) but wont tax it just for 2 weeks.

Just taxed mine online, and with mine based on emissions that's £270 gone. Had to use my 'new tent fund' for that so I'm officially broke until the end of the month too. So I'll be paying for Grendon and buying a new tent after the weekend.

I'm sure if it came to it, the club will collectively help you out Tony. I for one will be prepared to. (y)

I'm sure if it came to it, the club will collectively help you out Tony. I for one will be prepared to. (y)

Here here.....I'm sure there's plenty of folk on here willing to 'make it happen' (y)

As for having a car - commandeer Stripes for the weekend (and don't take no for an answer!) :)

Appreciate the offer guys i really do, but either way i still need more to get by so have taken on a few homers, which will help out, but i may need the time at home to get them done anyways, will keep you all updated, i have sold the pizza bike project so that will help pay for road tax, just need food money which i have some, but am also hoping we get backpay mid july but that depends on new owners, and even then will have to pay half my rent, but should have a fair bit of change , if not then i'm skint til august lol, oh well will just have to see

just thought I should let those who are going to grendon lakes next weekend know that we were evacuated from there today cos the the river burst its banks. the main entrance was under 6 inches of water, the large field to the right, people had water in their footwells. the entrance to the smaller camping field is a quaqmire. It might dry out, but the ground is saturated if it's not under water!

Have fun

just thought I should let those who are going to grendon lakes next weekend know that we were evacuated from there today cos the the river burst its banks. the main entrance was under 6 inches of water, the large field to the right, people had water in their footwells. the entrance to the smaller camping field is a quaqmire. It might dry out, but the ground is saturated if it's not under water!

Have fun

Bit worrying, have to check later in the week to see how the land lies!