• When using paypal to pay for show tickets please say in the comment box what show you are paying for. This makes it easier for us to cross refer to the show threads. Thanks.

'Carry On Camping' - Not 'Fest 2013.

Quicksilver

Admin
Club Admin
Aug 3, 2008
South Glos.
With JJ's blessing I'm starting this thread in an attempt to make Cougarfest 2013 happen.

The time and place will remain the same: Grendon Lakes, Northampton. NN7 1JW over the weekend of 12, 13 & 14 July.

I've spoken to Lucy at Grendon today and although we are welcome to use the lakeside area again they cannot guarantee we will have sole use of it and could end-up with other campers amongst us.
We would be able to keep our cars near the pitches as last year.
There are 10 16amp electric points on that area but they available on a 'first come, first served' basis.

They would also be prepared to section-off part of the main camping field for us as they had done previous to last year. According to their website this is a tent only area and there aren't any electric points.

Prices for both of the areas above per tent/night are £12.00 for 2/3/4 berths and £17.00 for 5/6/7 berths.
Caravans are £17.00/night.
Electricity is £3.00/night.

The third option we discussed is hiring, for our sole use, an area of the site called 'Geralds Ponds'.
It is a flat area near one of the smaller lakes and much closer to the club house and shower block than where we were last year.
It has 8 electric points and is suitable for tents and caravans.
The cost of hiring this area would be £300 all-in.

Normally this would have to be paid up-front at the time of booking but Lucy has agreed that a deposit will secure it.
She has also agreed that anyone wishing to stay over for the Sunday night is welcome to do so.

If we take this option I'm happy to pay the deposit asap and then give people until Friday 5th July to commit to coming and then work-out a cost per tent/caravan per night.
The cost per tent/caravan per night would obviously decrease as the number wishing to attend increased.
Taking this option would also mean I could make the payments in a couple of phone calls instead of everyone having to ring-up individually.

Thoughts please but time really is pressing if we are going to make this happen.

Andy.

Last edited:
I agree , providing the attendance numbers are up, we could have exclusivity, not that i mind camping with mere commoners but it would be very restrictive for the late night entertainments ;).

I think a quick breakdown might sway someone looking but put off by seeing £300.

I'm on my phone but something like :

Gerald's Ponds, Exclusive use available as follows

10 x committed cars = £30
5 x committed cars = £60

Etc. that's presuming I've read it right as £300 is for the weekend? Do we k ow how many actual pitches there are and how many people we could actually fit?

If it came down to £20'ish for a weekend then that might make a few more people go "what the heck!"

Just an idea ;)

Thanks Kully.
To be fair you have to take into account the number of nights people might want to stay. Most would be two nights, some might want to stay for three nights and Matt, for instance, might only make it for one night.
Assuming ten people want to stay for 2 nights, three people want to stay for 3 nights and two people want to stay for 1 night that gives a total of 31 nights divided into £300 = £9.67/pitch/night incl. electric for those that want it.

Here is the area in question:
Grendon.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

FACT: In your lifetime you will eat 25 spiders, no less, no more, that means that if you have only eaten 1 spider up till now and you are going to die tomorrow, tonight you will consume 24 spiders!

*disclaimer* although listed as a fact it is entirely possible that that this is actually a figment of my imagination!!!