Child seats and Vehicle Compatability lists

Harry

Well-known user
Jul 13, 2008
Researched this (pressing personal need anyway) and found that Britax have a website which defines which model fits the Cougar rear seats and shows them in a fitting plan and is quite specific that their "XYZ£$%" model will fit.

This might take the hassle factor out of buying something and hoping/trying/modding to get a decent fit.

Bit pricey though...but again grand childeren are priceless.

Available through that well know motorist and bike chain and free fitting.

So it better fit.....or they can take it back !! :)

I use the Graco Logico S system. Specifically designed for being fitted to cars with bucket seats. Obviously depends on the age of the child as the above is for infants under 18 months.

Was it a decent fit, not wiggling about ?
Just zoomed in on the product, the one I need is for a baby who has reached 15 months already and she is quite big for her age. So will consider the Britax Evolva 123 Plus series....This will cover for a wider age range.

Here's hoping.

Was it a decent fit, not wiggling about ?

Spot on mate, we are really happy with it. Fully adjustable, stable and really easy to fit/remove. For the next stage up we are still looking at upgrade options on the above or other possibilities. Not decided if I'm removing the passenger airbag and having little one in the front.

If its a forward facing seat then I believe you don't have to remove the airbag. IIRC its only rear facing seats that you can't have in the front due to airbags.

Mothercare do a free trial fitting service where they will take the seats out to your car and try them out for you and advise you which fits best.

I've found that the more bucket like seats like in the cougar actually fit better for the majority of car seats - they seem to hold them in place better.

You're advised to only use the front seat for a child if all the back seats are used up, and then the oldest/largest child should be in the front. This is for forward facing only.

I can vouch for airbags, as one saved my life 15 years ago in an altercation with a lorry. Driver was blinded by the low winter sun on a wet road.....just one of those freak set of conditions. Anyway, they go off so fast, you are only aware of them deflating!.....I got a burn on my wrist from the charge and the whole front of a Mondeo was ripped off. As I sat in the Mondeo, now embedded in the front of a lorry....someone ran into the back of my crashed car! What I did notice was that as I carried a lot of tools and test equipment for my job, the whole of the back seat on the Mondeo estate was "banana" shaped by the sheer impact of items moving forward in the luggage compartment....scary stuff !

So very very aware of what can happen from my own personal "worked example"!!