Classic Car Weekly

The motoring press seems to completely ignore the cougar, even classic ford and retro ford features every obscure ford model except our much loved model, the ford owners club is the same, joined and left after a number of years as there was nothing ever posted ☹️

totally!
there really are few cars that can match the cougars boot space.
but to be fair the cars of the time DID have good bootspace... i remember getting 3 washing machines in my mk2 mondeo 5 door's bootspace..
max and heidi agree on the space too, if it weren't for the cougars space id have to get a van for these 2 :LOL:
20220602_145352.jpg
Post automatically merged:

who's DAVE (the car reg)

When you compare the rear seat room and boot space to it's competitors, Peugeot 406 coupé, vauxhall calibre, Alfa gtv, it's much better in the cougar, ford marketing should have pushed the point you do not have to give up owning a coupé once your kids get past ten years old especially when they start having hobbies like playing the instruments and sports activities which requires you to ferry them around with loads of kit, the good looking coupé that swallows flat pack furniture, the monthly big shop and all that garden waste for the tip 😁

I have it from a very good source that the Pug 407 Coupe has better rear leg room than the Cougar. But it has a boot lid rather than a hatch so access to the boot isn’t quiet as good, although a similar size.

I got this from an owner, Me . ;)

Reactions: HogMonster
Hot news, Shirtyzeus is running a Launderette o_O
am i....am i being dense again and not seeing a joke....i am a bit vulcan :LOL:
attachment[1].jpg
Post automatically merged:

Down fall of a lot of cars that should have had a hatch back and not a boot.
same with the later scorpio..had a huge boot with the seats down ,but totally useless for access due to the boot lid...they should have never stopped the hatch version.

Reactions: The Amazon and tiff
When I had my previous C2, it was a daily and far more capable than most give it credit for. The boot was enormous!!!
And compared to the Probe, of which I had owned 2 24v ones before, it was far nicer to drive and superior all round.

Reactions: The Amazon
Shirtyzeus, your post #5. Three washing machines in the back of you Mondeo.
I guess it was a mobile launderette.
You, Dense, no. Vulcan ? I don’t know on that one :)

I do know my sense of humour is often only funny to me !