Cougar #5 Ebony C2

Well we replaced the t shape hose/sensor that was broken, dad took it out for a run and it promptly overheated🤦‍♀️ so he's taken off the waterpump and thermostat, waterpump seems fine so that can go back on - just waiting for a new gasket. He's going to try running it without the thermostat to see if it runs cool or still overheats.
Good news is the clocks inexplicably came back to life after we charged the battery😂 so we put that one down to a cougar-ism lol.

Good news about the clocks Hazel, hope the other thing works out for you too..... (y)
Well she's running fine without the thermostat so looks like I'll be getting one of those so that's no biggie😀
Any ideas what the rattling from the bscj might be?
Eta, *rattling from the back*

Last edited:
Any ideas what the rattling from the bscj might be?

Sorry if I haven't being paying attention. The BSCJ what now?

Also, I feel like I know this car - probably even met it - becauseof the Cyprus plates. Is this the one that was at Gaydon lasy year?

Sorry if I haven't being paying attention. The BSCJ what now?

Also, I feel like I know this car - probably even met it - becauseof the Cyprus plates. Is this the one that was at Gaydon lasy year?
Sorry typo, it's rattling at the back.
Car was owned by ukcougar member franspeed previously so you may well have seen it before.

Hazel, if it's a 'tinny' rattle it could be one of the exhaust heat shields has come away from a fastening or it could be the exhaust system itself vibrating against something.