Cougar hire query

Bren73

New user
Feb 9, 2023
Hi members,
Hoping someone out there can help, my better half is turning 50 in April and I’m hoping there is a way I can hire her dream car for a weekend. She’s always loved the Ford Cougar and has lusted after one for years. If anyone has any information about possible hire options , ideally in the Yorkshire area then please get in touch.
Thanks
Bren

Safe in the knowledge I was was going to fail, I went and had a look into this. Even to the extent of looking up a few of our telematics customers who run classic fleets.

No luck of course and I suspect most here will understand why.

I think that if you want to put her behind the wheel of one, you have two options:

1) Straight up ask a Cougar owner if they will rent one of theirs to you. You will need a contract, and you will need to pay for fully comp insurance for the duration. For what it's worth, I can't see this happening.

2) Buy one. I don't know anything about your circumstances so have no idea if this would be impractical, but it's probab;y your best bet. Prices are on a gradual uptick, so if you're capabale of looking after and tarting up a 20-odd year old car, you might even make a few quid if you sell it after a year.

Mako,
Thanks for the response, pretty much what I thought to be honest but worth a punt. Buying one isn’t really an option due to space etc. Fingers crossed I come across a friendly owner on my travels who’s amenable to working with us, I’m sure even a trip in the passenger seat would make her day

Bren

Yorkshire apparently, A tad north of you and me Backseateducation.

Hi Bren, it’s a good way south of you but there is a meet at Castle Combe circuit coming up. Its looking favourable for a good turn out of Cougars. Lots of the guys here are doing a parade lap, maybe you could blag your better half a ride in passenger seat if there is one spare.

Based on my own experience your partner will remember this for ever so give it a go if you can be there.

Reactions: shirtyzeus and Mako
That was something I thought of Mabo, but I suspect that the drive of hundreds of miles, hotel fees and such would be a bit much just to visit the club stand and get a ride of a car that they do not own (and possibly never will).

Maybe something closer? Blackpool?

Hey Mako, dedication on these occasions can be worth the time and expenditure.
20 + years ago I took my then new girlfriend on a surprise birthday trip to Barcelona for the weekend. You can ask Mrs mabo about it when you meet.

Your right it is a long way to Castle Combe for our friend in Dewsbury though. Certainly not worth the trip unless you have some spare cash to invest. Blackpool is closer.

Reactions: Mako and Bren73