Cougar Painting

That looks remarkably nice for Kettering! Can't say I've been there much but I did get one of my cars from Beddows in Kettering when I first passed my test

They are still trading David (y)
The council have spent money trying to make Kettering look better on the old Market Place and the High Street but it is not really a destination of choice anymore for shopping

They tried the same with Bedford, done Victorian style shop fronts on some with heritage funding to try and make it look like it used to, still doesn't compete with MK though

That's very cool.
I think the three cars parked by the hotel are Citroen DS, Vauxhall 'PA' Cresta, Humber Super Snipe, and possibly a blue Hillman Minx in the background.

That's very cool.
I think the three cars parked by the hotel are Citroen DS, Vauxhall 'PA' Cresta, Humber Super Snipe, and possibly a blue Hillman Minx in the background.
My mum has a tale about the Cresta PA.
Her best friend's family would take her on holiday.
He always had a newish Ford (1960s), but one year on the cusp of the holiday the dealer persuaded him to buy a Cresta. So on the holiday they went, on the journey up (Yorkshire east coast) the power windows failed - open!
It was left like that parked near the hotel until the return journey, when it went straight back to the dealer and he left with a new Zodiac.
Post automatically merged:

You can just see the back of my dad’s Ford Classic between the petrol pumps 😁
My first car in 1985 was a Consul Classic 315 - 1500cc (five bearing), 4-door, floor change, dark blue with light grey roof and blue vinyl upholstery.
The nearest garage to me (can't remember why I dropped in there) saw the car and remembered they had a brand new OS pair of headlamp surround panels - a very desirable spare part which they charged a minimal price for.
(In this hut which has hardly changed in the intervening almost 40 years)
1697906136202.png

Last edited:
The Citroen belonged to a guy called Ainsworth who owned the chip shop and wet fish shop in the middle of the picture 😁
Ainsworth sold fish from under the tree ?
Post automatically merged:

My first car in 1985 was a Consul Classic 315 - 1500cc (five bearing), 4-door, floor change, dark blue with light grey roof and blue vinyl upholstery.

Shame you don’t remember any details about it ! 😀

My first was a Bond Bug 700ES. YJA 44L. Orange, black stripe and black vinyl roof.
I don’t remember any detail either 😂

What is it about first cars ?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Graham and nvingo