Cougar with a Focus ST-adapted front bumper

I'd be interested to know what was involved. Surely it can't be as delightfully simple as offering the Focus bumper plastic up to the Cougar impact bar?

I'd be interested to know what was involved. Surely it can't be as delightfully simple as offering the Focus bumper plastic up to the Cougar impact bar?
I believe the two bumpers were cut up and combined. Top of the Cougar bumper and the bottom of the Focus bumper. I dare say there was some chopping involved to get the fog lights into that higher position

The headlights aren't standard either (look like tinted C2 lenses on painted reflectors), and in the first image I was convinced the rear arches had been widened but from the subsequent images now I'm not sure.
But whatever, it's good that people elsewhere in the world still see potential in these 24 year old Fords.

The headlights aren't standard either (look like tinted C2 lenses on painted reflectors),
But whatever, it's good that people elsewhere in the world still see potential in these 24 year old Fords.

It's C2 lights with parts of the reflectors painted matt black. Jim and Ricky Smith did this.

Personally I approve. it removes the "startled bunny" look that everyone complained about on Tiger which I never resolved.

I also agree that I love seeing people doing this sort of thing (no matter how much filler it took). I will say that the first pic looks like a render though.

it looks fantastic and matches up to the upper grill and bonnet shape perfectly..

BUT..
and i hate to be a downer here but chopping a front bumper up etc...id worry about a front impact with all that remoulding.. i suppose so long as the white bar behind it hasnt been chopped up to hell it would be ok tho.
i know its not part of the crumple zone but still..

Reactions: Mako
Honesty, I don't think that any front-end reconstrction on a car designed nearly 30 years ago is a problem, Paul.

Totally get what you're saying and why, but in a frontal impact the chassis legs are more iportant in keeping the motor out of your lap.

To put it another way, I woulnd't care about cosmetics. And I would fully accespt that the car would only protect me to the standard that it was designed to all those years ago.

One last thing - I would NOT want to be in such an impact with a carbon-fibre bonnet that Goblin has.

Honesty, I don't think that any front-end reconstrction on a car designed nearly 30 years ago is a problem, Paul.

Totally get what you're saying and why, but in a frontal impact the chassis legs are more iportant in keeping the motor out of your lap.

To put it another way, I woulnd't care about cosmetics. And I would fully accespt that the car would only protect me to the standard that it was designed to all those years ago.

One last thing - I would NOT want to be in such an impact with a carbon-fibre bonnet that Goblin
its a really fantastic job they've done tho... would love to see the stages of it being done.

One last thing - I would NOT want to be in such an impact with a carbon-fibre bonnet that Goblin has.
Bonnet is tertiary chris so pretty much non effective on impact protection 😉

Yes Mabo. That and the fact that fiberglass doesn't crumple - it disintegrates - and the injuries if your windscreen is compromised will almost certinly be worse.

This isn't a criticism - and frankly the Kaminari couldn't exist if it was a serious problem - but it would be at the back of my mind if I owned one that the outcome of a frontal impact might be more complicated.

Reactions: mabo
Disinergrates with sharp piercing fibres. Carbon is worse than GF.
My bike has CF end caps to the exhaust cans. One is slightly damaged, it’s risky every time I wash the bike.