• When using paypal to pay for show tickets please say in the comment box what show you are paying for. This makes it easier for us to cross refer to the show threads. Thanks.

Cougarfest 2012 Ideas

Richb

Honorary Member
Club Member
Sep 11, 2004
BO11 0CK
Ok I am thinking of ideas that might get people interested in this weekend, I think it's important that it's a fun and relaxing weekend for everybody that attends, we have a few ideas already, it doesn't need to be too organised, but a few light hearted events may add more structure to the weekend.

As a starter I was thinking possibly of best modified/standard car at the meet, sponsored with a cash prize (possibly £50.00) for each of the categories which would go some way to paying the petrol cost for the winner, the votes would be cast by all driver attendees during Saturday daytime and prizes presented on saturday night. It's just a possible idea, we have some more too but would like to research them a little more as we'd have to bear the cost of making them happen. In the unlikely event that either of our cars won a prize, then the cash prize would go to the next car in the pecking order. There are enough cars out there that can win these prizes, cars that have had a small fortune spent on them, inside and out, highly modified or lightly modified, it's just a case of getting them to ournational day.

Does anybody else have ideas? Fun events? Or any idea that might make them attend? Maybe we could look at a window tinting company doing a car or two? If it was a company like over revs, they used to travel countrywide but you paid a set price plus their diesel cost.

I would really like a good attendance at this weekend, we always talk about what a great club this is, and it truely is, but we need to get behind this weekend and support the people that make it happen, we are willing to add some financial backing to the first idea if we get enough interest. But as things stand, there needs to be more people that have signed up and paid their deposits.

Richard

I think that's a cracking idea, good post Rich. I'm usually crap at coming up with ideas such as this, but anything to interest new members as well as old has to be good for us all here. (y)

Sounds like a good idea Mr Barlow - anything to possibly increase member interest in Cougarfest is a good thing in my book. I was looking through the 2010 Cougarfest thread yesterday (the first one we attended) and the attendee list was huge compared to last year and this year. I think it's got some bad rap about being a glorified p**s up. That's so not true - yes some people do enjoy a drink or three but that's not the focus of Fest - it's about the people, having a laugh with plenty of banter - and some modding breaks out too. It's the highlight of the show season for me and Kathy and we wouldn't miss it for the world (y)

Suggestion - how about 'Pin the tail on the Ginja'? :eek:

I really want to go, it's distance and money that's an issue for me now as Thailand has been put back a little too... :(

Also, how about a prize for the person that can nick a set of wheels faster than John... ?? :LOL:

He might have chance while my right arm is us at the moment. but usually bolton boys have this covered we just blame scoucers for it!

He might have chance while my right arm is us at the moment. but usually bolton boys have this covered we just blame scoucers for it!

That explains a lot.... ;)

You don't stand a chance - the sight of 15-20 cougars with no alloys in the middle of a field will be a sight to behold :LOL:

Throwing down the gauntlet are you John.?.. see it's a challenge i thought you may be interested in... ;)

As an alternative/addition to window tinting, how about a dent devil visit?
I'm sure there are plenty of cats with the dreaded supermarket rash that would benefit.

Does anyone know of someone in the trade we could negotiate a discount with?

Regarding prizes for the best cars, I'd personally prefer some sort of trophy rather than cash but I understand that would involve getting some made and stumping up the cash for it in advance.

........................well there is always the UKCougar Crap fishing competition always good fun - and I always win it - cos I'm the only person who ever enters :geek:

Regarding prizes for the best cars, I'd personally prefer some sort of trophy rather than cash but I understand that would involve getting some made and stumping up the cash for it in advance.

I didn't fully explain, was thinking of doing both.

I think the promise of Ria in that catsuit again Rich should increase the numbers at fest :D

You could try and get a chips away guy to turn up and there are a couple of mobile wheel refurb guys out there as well

I suppose that if people wanted to use these services, then they'd have to make some sort of financial commitment, same as the window tinting, otherwise somebody is going to be left high and dry financially if the members that expressed interest either don't turn up or change their mind about having work done.
I don't think that there'll be a water slide this year, I can't get the plastic this time around as we don't use that same stuff on site now. As I said, we have a few ideas, it's just a case of seeing how they pan out.

How about (if we get the electric hookup) car detailing? I know a few people have expressed an interest in how to use a car polisher and compounds and the like. What better time than at fest to get stuck into some machining? Perhaps Shagmonkey may be tempted to come along for a day and offer his services for a fee/give tips and advice?

Power we will have. I am sure Matt would give advice on polishing it used to be his job.

JJ