• When using paypal to pay for show tickets please say in the comment box what show you are paying for. This makes it easier for us to cross refer to the show threads. Thanks.

Cougarfest Attendees : BBQ Arrangements

V6SINGH

Official UKCougar Stuntman
Jul 29, 2005
BE11 3ND
In order to facilitate Fest this year we have had to cut costs and strip back to bare basics for the Insurances required and for the Marquee which I was luckily able to pull some strings with and get a slight discount. Obviously, the 2 main things we've sacrificed are the fridge and the BBQ. These 2 items alone complete with outdoor event insurances are over £300 for weekend hire, that's not including the security and damages deposit which normally comes out of mine or Jason's pocket.

As I'm sure you've all read, Tony has very kindly offered to bring his large barrel BBQ for everyone to use in order to save us a large expenditure. I'm sure you've also seen that due to circumstances outside his control, Tony may not be able to make fest.

As he would need to bring his trailer with the BBQ in as it's way too big to go in a car, and the extra fuel etc he would use in doing so, I propose the following :

Firstly, not only to ensure that we have a BBQ to use but also to see that Tony makes it to fest, is a donation per car attending principally for the use of the BBQ. That way Tony can't punch me for starting this thread!! ;) I appreciate that things are tight and there are people like myself who are out of work etc so I'm not going to stipulate a set amount but suggest something like £5 per car maybe? If the 19 committed cars were to do so that would be £95 we could give Tony for the use of his equipment and to cover his extra fuel for towing his trailer.

If you would like to put a bit more in the pot, please feel free to do so! I will then update this post and remove posts below to keep this thread tidy!

Lastly, I'm sure we all have a bag of briquettes or lump wood etc in our sheds ready for a BBQ that probably hasn't been used, if we could all bring a bit to throw on, that would help a long way too to making sure the BBQ won't run out of fuel.

Please post in here that you wish to contribute and I will pm you with my paypal address.

I can collect the funds and then either paypal Tony or transfer straight to his bank. I'm hoping he's at work and won't see this until later on and that by then we'll already have a few quid on the go :)

Come on Team UKCougar, don't let me, fest or Tony down!!

Kully - DONATION PAID
Jason - DONATION PAID
WHMF
- DONATION PAID
Rik Edwards
- DONATION PAID
Daire
- DONATION PAID
Matt (apparently has a C2?? :censored:)
- DONATION PAID
Uncle Al - DONATION PAID
Iain and Dan - DONATION PAID
Mark - DONATION PAID
John the Scouser - DONATION STOLEN :LOL:
Mike - DONATION PAID
Ali - DONATION PAID

Last edited:
Errrrrrrm i seen it lol, and i'm a tad gobsmacked tbf :giggle:

Yes i am very short in the cash dept atm, due to things happening at work etc timing couldnt have been any worse regarding events, ie fest, tax, and bike meets and events, it would seem this BBQ is getting me places!!!! lmfao
My Paypal is locked at the mo and i've left it that way on purpose, but i'm very grateful for everyones kind help in this situation. Somehow i'll repay you all, but it seems the BBQ, Goblin and Myself, WILL be at fest :) and its because of you guys!!! I F****** love this club lol

Heres to NotFest2012 lol (y):beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

ps Kully your gettin a thump!!!! lol

As it seems I'm in for a thump anyway :LOL: just a quick one to say anyone wanting to chip in, if you could do so in the next couple of days that's be great. That'll give me a chance to transfer it over to my bank and then put in to Tonys bank for him. That way he will have it in advance of fest which is only just 3 weeks away. I just want to thank everyone that has put in too, this club is amazing at times, this is definitely one of those times :)

Thanks UKC!

Post 1 updated with donations received so far! ;) And Other posts removed.

Any more for any more?? :LOL:

Any more for any more?? :LOL:

I think I'm going to have to bring two cars - getting 3 people and all the camping gear in the Cat with a treble 10 wedge in the boot just aint gonna happen me thinks!

Shall I just chuck the extra dosh in the save Tony fund just in case? :)

Lol, if you are bringing 2 cars then like everyone else, you'll need to refer to the payments and attendance thread. Can't waiver from that unfortunately :(

You're welcome to throw more money at Tony though if you'd like to..............:)

Afraid Kully is right Iain if you're bringing two cars it's two lots of dosh unfortunately mate you need to send another payment to the club.

JJ

Yeah yeah I know guys - not trying to get round the £20 - just wanted to know where to put it :LOL::LOL:

Not sure if it will be two cars yet as Phoenix is still at HQ getting work done and then off to Phil at A1 for much needed bodywork - better bleedin well, get her back in time as was cougarless at last years fest!!

As soon as I know if it's two cars I'll PP you the £20 JJ (y)

Last call today people!! Anybody wishing to chip in or has been meaning to do so, please please please do so today.

As Tony has no PayPal, I need to transfer this money to my bank then either transfer it or withdraw it and pay in at Tonys bank. I think the latter would be quickest and safest as I will know it's there immediately.

Thank you once again to everyone that's put in, I can't tell you how proud it makes me to have bought a Mondeo Coupe all those years ago and stumbling across this place on a Google search. 3 Mondeo Coupes later I'm still here because of Team UKC :)

Seconded by me!!
This club never ceases to amaze me how a small group of people pull together in so many different ways to help each other out.........just because of a car!

The BBQ will be pitched and loaded with coals for all to use, it really was the focal point at Modded and allowed everyone to enjoy themselves without having to worry about setting up and transporting bbq's

See you all there and again Thx(y)

Quick update to say I'm going to call it a day with the money received so far and as such have spoken to Tony tonight and I am transferring the monies into my bank and I shall hand the cash to Tony at fest as by the time any transfers etc happen we'll be at fest lol. Entirely my fault as I meant to sort transfers at the beginning of the week and I forgot. Only tonight when I logged into my PayPal I thought "that's a lot more than I thought I had" and realised I'd not done the transfer earlier.

Thank you again everyone! It's time's like this that the true essence and spirit of this OC come out and set it head and shoulders above any OC I've ever been on.

Thanks UKC :)