• When using paypal to pay for show tickets please say in the comment box what show you are paying for. This makes it easier for us to cross refer to the show threads. Thanks.

Cougarfest/Notfest/Carry on camping 2013 - Catering facilities!

spjmorris

Well-known user
Apr 10, 2012
'Fampton
Ok so as discussed in the carry on camping thread I am going to be providing the communal barbecue for this years event! and Andy is actually going to be transporting it to Grendon.

You are all of course welcome to use it at any time over the weekend, however be aware that both Andy and I are leaving on Sunday! all I ask is that is is kept clean as I cannot abide cooking on a barbie that is covered in caked on food. :sick:

I will also bring assorted paraphernalia - tongs, gas lighter, etc, although I think it would be a good idea that anyone wishing to make use of said barbie could provide some charcoal, naturally we don't need 14 bags of the stuff but you know what I mean :)
I have firelighters too but we could probably do with more so if anyone has a box to hand please chuck them in your boot ;)

Does anyone have a small gazebo that would go over the barbie? Knowing our English Summers it is bound to rain at some point!

The club marquee will be in attendance too so we'll have a good base.

Anyone else got anything to add/bring? chuck your comments in here!

see you in a couple of weeks :beer::beer:

We're intending to bring a gay zebra to go between our two tents but it could easily be pressed into service over the barbie should the need arise.
Perhaps a few foil trays to cover the barbie racks would help keep them clean.

Andy, will you be taking the club marquee frame? I should be able to squeeze the canvas in (y)

Yes Al; I'll be bringing the frame, connectors and pegs.

Would it be a good idea, as we discussed at Harewood, to canvas opinion about someone more centrally based looking after this set of poles?

Andy if you want to use your zebra for a specific task we can bring ours with pleasure. Can bring half a bag of charcoal and have half a box of firelighters handy.

On a side-note I know there are no open fires allowed, but how about chimineas/braziers/similar?

Thanks Jim. If you've got room to pack yours then by all means bring it along.

Perhaps a 'Fest veteran can answer the brazier question; failing that I'll make enquires when I phone to pay the balance at the beginning of next week.

One of those charcoal burner things (whatever they're called) should be ok as they're not too dissimilar to a BBQ?? :oops:

In all previous years, the BBQ ends up being fired up at different times and usually stays pretty warm from 8ish onwards? Depends on how hungry everyone is once they're drinking lol

Is anyone bringing a kettle??

wtf2.gif
pissedlaugh.gif