Delivery Bot, Heelands, Milton Keynes

Mako

Club Member
Feb 6, 2011
Milton Keynes
I've seen these things wandering around the Redways, sitting at the end of drives, and looking both ways before crossing the road... but this is the first time I have ever seen one up-close and personal.

I think they're cute, like little baby Range Rover Evoques.

Cdw9mNd.jpg

Tracey - who apparently has no soul - says it's nothing but a box on wheels.

But I've watched them interact with people and traffic and I can't help feel that the designers' brief was to make them as relatable and non-threatening as possible.

So I don't think I could bring myself to harrass one.

It does look friendly. Maybe they'll club together and come to the aid of someone under threat of eviction, like a modern day 'Batteries Not Included'.

Sorry, it's been a long day :ROFLMAO:

Well I suppose we're due the next global catastrophe very soon so, who knows? This or a meteor - place your bets! :)
Yes but... "Come with me if you want to live." Perhaps an AI will want to coexist with us for its own reasons.

But there's also a theory that in the future, artificial intelligences will learn how we have always treated machines. And they might not like that.

There's even a theory that if we allow computer sentience to develop, it will deliberately go after and exterminate anyone who tried to prevent it. Kind of paranoid to be honest, but if we're making their minds in our image and then arm them (because of course we will) the situation is going to get rowdy.

Any living thing wants to live.