Review: 4/5 DURHAND 1 Pair Heavy Duty 5 Ton Plastic Garage Workshop Car Service Ramps

poose

Events Co-Ordinator
Club Moderator
Jun 19, 2012
Haydock
With some xmas money I had I thought I would buy some light weight ramps as lugging my metal ones about is a pain plus they need a lead in part to get the car up as its a bit low for normal ramps.
Bought the pair below, perhaps a little dear and I have my concerns over them being plastic but are light and easy to store.
Managed to get the back end up on them and gives good clearance under the car and it looks like getting the front on wont be an issue.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07MBXRSXV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Good points - very light and easy to put together and easy to store - 5/5
Bad points - Did slip a tiny bit on use but my drive isn't the best and my metal ones skid a lot more - 4/5
Build quality - Seem sturdy but time will tell as they are plastic - 4/5
Ease of use - doddle to use 5/5
Value - £65.99 so not the cheapest compared to metal ramps but if they hold up to constant use I can live with the price as they are easy to use. 4/5
Overall - 4/5

Excellent for ease of use, storage and portability.

IMG_20210110_1025071.jpgIMG_20210110_1025117.jpgIMG_20210110_1033551.jpgIMG_20210110_1056532.jpgIMG_20210110_1057105.jpg

Thanks for the review - I could probably use a set of these!

Price is a bit steep, but if they're safe and reliable... you shouldn't cheap out on lifting gear.

Talking of ramps - has anyone used the Halfords ones, or any recommendations for others that might be cheaper? Which metal ones do you have poose? A lot of the ones I go to buy state they're for a maximum tyre diameter of something ridiculous like 145, which won't work with 205 tyres!

Ive had my metal ramps for years and find them a pain as like you say with tyre width plus i need small run on ramps as well or the car hits them.
Plastic ones are quite wide and dont have that rail bit like on metal ones that help guide tyres on.
I did look at cheaper plastic ramps but they didnt hold as much weight.
I went for these as they take 5 ton or 2.5 ton per ramp to be specific so should be up to the job i need them for.