FAST FORD magazine

Well yes it's good news however fast ford magazine is slanted towards the very hot fords, focus RS, fiesta RS , Sierra Cosworth , Mustang etc, doubt very much we will see much of the cougar, retro ford magazine had my letter of the month and did not use my pictures of my cougar, just a stock photo, that magazine seems to do a buyer guide to every obscure ford model except the cougar unless I missed a feature 🤔

Very true those models are much more popular but my point was the cougar was never regarded as a sports car or greatly modified in period or now, a bit of modification is normal in the cougar community but nothing compared to what people are doing in fast ford magazine, retro ford or classic ford would seem to be the magazine's to feature a cougar but so far the model has been overlooked, with buyers features on just about every ford from the 50s onwards, unfortunately by the time they wake up there will be none left to buy ☹️

Reactions: Myusernamewastaken
Very true those models are much more popular but my point was the cougar was never regarded as a sports car or greatly modified in period or now, a bit of modification is normal in the cougar community but nothing compared to what people are doing in fast ford magazine, retro ford or classic ford would seem to be the magazine's to feature a cougar but so far the model has been overlooked, with buyers features on just about every ford from the 50s onwards, unfortunately by the time they wake up there will be none left to buy ☹️
Regarding modification, I have only seen mainly wheels, twin exhausts, and body kits. What other mods are available without resorting to 3.0 engine swaps etc?

Hi there Myusernamewastaken ive been modifying mine for the last 6 years or maybe more.

Hopefully when you see my car you’ll be totally speechless at the total lack of visual change my work has brought about.
Sometimes less is more.

• Haha
Reactions: Myusernamewastaken
Obviously there are the odd extremely modified cougars , body kits, four wheel drive, turbocharged, supercharged etc, more common in the US far less so in the UK.
I still want to figure out that four wheel drive part. The rest is easy. We didn't have a four wheel drive car that I can make work without having a garage bay that someone doesn't mind I tie up for a few months. A lift so I don't have to roll around it grass or gravel would be a nice extra in that bay lol.

I’m no expert but research here tells me 4x4 in UK have been based on Mondeo .
I was following your Jag X type with interest Rooster and await the next episode. I keep an eye out for a cheap X type 4x4 Manual in hope Of a donor !