• When using paypal to pay for show tickets please say in the comment box what show you are paying for. This makes it easier for us to cross refer to the show threads. Thanks.

'Fest the after banter

cougarfella

Well-known user
Sep 10, 2004
here
Just got home! The traffic wasn't too bad on the way up.

Was really good to see everyone at Grendon again.

Thanks to everyone for coming, and even the sun made an appearance!!

A good weekend was had by all, (except Denise who had toothache.....after 3, 1, 2, 3...aw bless!!)
Great to see everyone again, even though I invented a new game for next year.......Sink the Caravan!! lol

Thanks for organising it again Jas'

Not long been got into Birmingham as at my sisters tonight. Have to say this year has been my best Fest to date it just felt fantastic gorgeous weather (22 degrees +) with a couple of very tiny spots of rain.

Grendon were fantastic and gave us a couple of location options due to wet ground and knowing how low some of our cars are we ended up literally on the bank of the lake with the sun setting on the far side from us, great to see a couple of new boys getting stuck in and enjoying themselves with the usual crew.

Thank you to everyone who turned up to make it such a successful and enjoyable weekend.

JJ

P.s I look like a lobster that sun was seriously strong over the two days!!.

Yep lol, cheers for letting me play in Rex it's a very competent piece of kit mate.

Going to slather aftersun on between now and being back in salon Tuesday tan should look awesome then ;)

JJ

ditto, had an excellent time , cheers all, got back to sunderland for just after 3, already a definate for next year

We got in about quarter past seven. Stayed for a bit with those that are staying over tonight too. Was a nice chilled weekend with amazing company. Thanks to everyone that came and made fest possible. Any less numbers and it really wouldn't have happened.

We had a great time, the new car and new "tent" exceeded expectations and allowed us to have a great break as a family and still be part of everything.

Roll on "Various Models of Mondeo but mainly Coupes" Fest :LOL:

We now need new subsections of the forum, need a UKCougar Baby Corner and a Mondeo Mk3.5 Ghia X Estate Corner too lol as mine has the one of the last of the 2.5 V6 engine formats Ford used on them and bears many similarities to the Cougar engines.

Seriously though it was an awesome weekend. Still not sold on being on that bank with the angle as it was. It did cause difficulty with marquee a bit and with trying to sit on the slope etc. Yes the view was great but we could just as easily camp in the field and drive round there for the pics etc and to chill for the afternoon. The field is a better location as the marquee is always central to camp and allows everyone to mingle. That bank split everyone up, created separate groups and put the marquee a long way from the furthest tent. The bank was also quite difficult to navigate for those that wanted a bevvie or two as Matt proved :LOL:

We got back around 7.40pm, we left Grendan and stopped off at Corley services for a burger.

Having been to every Cougarfest, I'm not sure that it gets much better than this weekend, how many owners clubs can have a weekend together with such a cordial atmosphere? It was a very relaxed weekend with our friends.

Thank you to everybody that helped to get this up and running, and thanks to everybody that came and made it such a special weekend. we had a lot of fun and I have in excess of 400 photographs to look through and post up.

At one point on saturday teatime I declared to Jason "I love this club!", just being there in the warm sun and an even warmer friendly atmosphere, we both look forward to the next one and hopefully in the same location.

See you there.:):):):)

What an amazing chilled out weekend!!! just what I needed!!!!
Thank you to everyone who came you have made this weekend as special as you are. The effort that everyone made in to making this weekend an amazing success astounds me. Looking forward to seeing you all again soon.:):):)

Gutted I missed this. Really am. I couldn't get off work. I debated coming down today but thought the majority would have left by the time I got there..

Me too - extremely gutted - !st fest I've missed since I joined and it sounds like it was a cracker :(

Glad you all had a good time tho - keep the pictures coming.

TBH I really wouldn't have been up to it. The leg is getting better but spent most of the weekend in bed with a stinking cold!

Looking forward to next year already :cool:

I really wish I could have stayed, I won't lie I felt really gutted driving away today. Usually modified nationals always pips Fest for good feelings for me but this is 100% the best weekend I have spent with my friends at a car event everywhere I looked at any point over the three days people were smiling or laughing and really nice to see Kev and Alex drop in to say hi without warning too.

I will be chatting with Luke towards the end of the week to confirm dates and location for next year.

And will be taking deposits shortly as discussed in the other thread.

To quote Mr Barlow "I love this club"

JJ

Proper peeved to get home only to discover that the urgent plans for tomorrow got cancelled while we were on our way home!! If only that could have happened about 3hrs earlier FFS!! Could've bloody stayed another night then!!

Well after getting together on friday at Grendon to leaving today, its been a blast!!! The location, people, BBQ, Marquee, banter, the CARS!, lol 'Tents' ;-) haha, visitors, photography, views, food, drink, music, live entertainment on the water lol, to packing up and arriving home to find Stripes still not here!!!! lmfao kids eh!! hahaha
Looking forward to the next, thank you all people, it was a most excellent weekend!!!!!
Just keep that barking Wonder Woman on a lead Rich hahahaha ;-)

All can say is what a fest!!!. Considering the end 2011 to be there was just amazing thanks to JJ and co who organised this. what a fantasting show at the side of the lake glorious sunshine and the company was second to none. Role on the next fest booked it packed it and ready to **** off to it.

Oh andi I would like to thank Jason especailly for being my "carer" over fest. And Alan and Vonny for thier hospitality.

Last edited:
Most excellent weekend, fabulous location, the best of people and some gorgeous cars

Big thank you to Jason for organising on our behalf, Rich B for keeping the message going, the fancy dress crew for giving us hours of entertainment and to everybody who turned up to make it so special

It was our first `Fest but we will not miss another and I am sure I saw Mr Barlow smile on more than one occasion, it could have been wind but I think his fancy dress costume gave it away!

Roll on next year, can`t wait