Had a very busy day today.

D1CKL

Club Member
Mar 16, 2009
Dunfermline, Fife, Scotland
Seeing as how the weather has taken a turn for the better, at least it has around my area, I took the opportunity to crack on and fit some of the bits and pieces that I have accumulated over the passed few weeks. Here are a few pictures of the outcome.

DSCF01521.jpg

SGS Gas Struts fitted to bonnet.

DSCF01541.jpg

Strut showing model number used.

DSCF0164.jpg

Rear light covers fitted at last.

DSCF01551.jpg

Visteon style bonnet scoop fitted.

DSCF01571.jpg

The GOLD mesh in the Visteon style scoop really looks great on the green Cat especially with the Gold Cougar head logo on the grill and the other Gold emblems I still have to fit. Seriously thinking of doing my upper grill with the same Gold mesh.

DSCF01581.jpg

Rear wiper mod. Managed to get this one off of a Nissan Primera in a local scrappie. Think it needs a new blade though.

DSCF01591.jpg

Nice little set of theft proof chrome dust caps and sleeves with the Mercury flying M logo and Mercury on them. They are metal and if you try to remove them without the proper tool, they just spin round.

DSCF01631.jpg

Set of Cougar head logo wheel centres. The wolfrace ones that were on the wheels were a bit of a pig to get off.

All in all I am quite pleased with the days proceedings, but, I still have quite a few more bits and pieces to get fitted. Let's hope the weather holds for a few more days at least.

Last edited:
looking good there dick,reminds me i need to get my finger out and finish the wee bits and peices to my blurple

Thats coming along nicely. Who di the paint job on the SCOOP? :ihih:. Gold does go well with the greens, and first chance i get, i'm off to the scrappies for a nissan primula :LOL:....Good work mate (y)

You did all that in a day :eek:

Looking nice there DICKL, very nice (y)

...................but then the green ones always do :LOL:

I've put the gold mesh on the top and bottom front grilles and I think that it looks great - although it might not quite go on the bottom of a C2.
:D

You did all that in a day :eek:

Looking nice there DICKL, very nice (y)

...................but then the green ones always do :LOL:

I've put the gold mesh on the top and bottom front grilles and I think that it looks great - although it might not quite go on the bottom of a C2.

I quite like the bottom grill on the C2 as it is and feel that meshing it would spoil the look.

Looking great Dick, that is coming on nicely. Like JJ shouted out "lets see a full pic of the finished article"...Please lol

I quite like the bottom grill on the C2 as it is and feel that meshing it would spoil the look.

Not a great photo after a long dirty drive down to Donnington but here is my front end with the gold mesh.

DonningtonJan10021.jpg

The bottom bit, as you say, wouldn't really work on a C2 but hopefully you can get some idea as to what the top grille would look like.

Not a great photo after a long dirty drive down to Donnington but here is my front end with the gold mesh.

DonningtonJan10021.jpg

The bottom bit, as you say, wouldn't really work on a C2 but hopefully you can get some idea as to what the top grille would look like.

Blimey Ian, is that lines of salt on your bonnet? I know my Coug looks somewhat similar at the mo :frown2:

Blimey Ian, is that lines of salt on your bonnet? I know my Coug looks somewhat similar at the mo :frown2:

Yup - that's after 100 miles of freshly gritted motorway - she'd just been washed ready for the meet so that's just from the one journey :D

Looking good mate. I'd be inclined to leave the upper grill black, less is more, maybe do like I did and spray the lower grill slates black to match. Still looking good and as everyone else has said makes us want to get our own cats sorted, APRIL (first month of the show scene) isn't that far away.

As requested by JJ and WildV6 here are a couple of full pics of the finished article.

DSCF0165_edited.jpg

DSCF0166.jpg

I also forgot to mention that I fitted my new .com decals on the rear side windows, minus the Ford part of course.

DSCF0170_edited.jpg

Last edited: