Hello from Neco...

Like dream we had a good snowfall recently and it didn't phase the cat at all in fact I went out playing in it!. It is a strange sight seeing a cougar spin all four wheels but I love it!. It could really do with more power Nick fourwdcats has this in hand he is planning to turbo his zetec cat. I will have to go down the 3ltr route.

Ok, video of you doing axis spins.....that is your mission.

Helllo and a big warm welcome .... looks like a nice scooby in your signature (y)

Thanks man:)

Hi, I think Mark has a blow by blow account of his when we built his.

In short we use the Mondeo mk1 4x4 saloon or hatch running gear as this is all the Cougar floor pan is, we take off the Mondeo; 2 prop hangers the tank strap bolt brackets and the tank strap retainer section.
These weld directly to the Cougar so all the mecanical parts then bolt straight on.
The only mechanical difference is the gear box as the Mondeo is rod change and the Coug is cable change, we use the 4x4 bell housing and internals with the cable case and gear change mech. You have to be careful where the transfer box bolts on as the back of engine fouls so there is some shaving to do on the 2.0L but the 2.5 has to have some major surgery to clear the box.
The 2.0L speedo drive has to be fitted to the o/s drive shaft as it wont go in the box, and there is 1 engine mount has to be relocated on the rear of the subframe from under to over the frame.
There is a bit of a fiddle to fit the tank when you mount the filler neck we have fitted an aero fuel filler cap and shortened the neck then join up with assorted pipe.
I have done quite a lot of research on the Mondeo system and have found out that the oe workshop technical manual has this set up designed for 3 different engines;
1, a 1.8 n/a petrol @ 120 Nm
2, a 2.0 n/a petrol @ 148 Nm
3, a 1.8 turbo petrol @ 248 Nm
We have seen quite a few cars for sale with this 4x4 set up but alas Ford never did produce the turbo. What a shame!!
The set up is very strong as we have seen cars with 100.000 to over 160.000 miles on the clock. as proof Marks the set up Mark has came off a car with 163.000 miles on it!!
If there is anything specific give us your email and i can message you there.
Cheers. (y)

Its a shame FORD didn't adopt the "Syncro" 4x4 system off VW, I saw a Galaxy 4x4 V6 for sale the other day in the paper (ok its the VR6 engine in the galaxy but you get the idea) ;)

Phils son is gona love you mate with a Scooby his forum name is Scoobyrobbo :LOL:

Welcome to the fold

Wecome to UKC.com Micah, we've been drooling over some of your cougars stateside (see our Global Styling Gallery), nice to see you dropping by to take a peek at the UK Cougar scene.;)

Fourwdcats - Great info man, props to you guys. I'm excited there's an awd cougar on the road. If they had sold it that way, I'd probably still have a cougar today.

Phils son is gona love you mate with a Scooby his forum name is Scoobyrobbo :LOL:

Yeah, send him my way. I'd love to see his car:smile5:

blackboard.gif