hello thinking of buying a 2.5 v6

THis is NOT the "FOR SALE" section

Please do not try to sell your cars in here, your post will be removed immediately without warning!
If you want to sell a car, use the appropriate forum section, be sure to read the rules at the top of the "Classifieds" sections.

hello i am considering buying a 2.5 v6 probably highish milage but was wondering about the wheels they seem a little small for my liking. can you go to a 19" on the cougar and lower it also was thinking 35 profile and 235 width would i be ok with that as i would be ordering the wheels as soon as i find a car. Looking for a silver one with leather and heated front screen got about £1500 budget could go a hundered higher but would like to stick to it if poss.
what do you guys think

Hi, just seen your thread (bit late sorry!). My cat has 19s on it with 235 / 35 tyres & lowered springs. Drives fine and don't find ride too hard at all (softer than my wife's new corsa sxi) and thats going from a mondeo estate. Having said that havent driven a standard cougar to compare. Have tried adding a photo, if it doesn't appear have a look at my garage

Be carful when fitting larger wheels on an Auto as there is a pipe which sticks further into the wheel arch than on the manual.

18" tyres are usually cheaper than the standard 16" tyres, can't comment on 19s