Help required

Jason280TT

New user
Oct 16, 2022
Wolverhampton
Hello my name is Jason and I have 2 V6 auto cougars, my C2 is refusing to start, after a long lay up, as I have it parked in an Industrial unit, as it won't start I cannot move it as its stuck in park 🙄🙄🙄 is there any members near Wolverhampton thst would be prepared to come and try and get it going for me?? I have a 2 poster ramp in my unit if thst may help, unfortunately I'm not great with fixing things, I can offer tea, biscuits and maybe even a bacon sandwich from the local cafe, it woukd have to be a weekend as I work full time, any help would be appreciated, I was told about the forum by a member at the Blackpool Ford show recently.

Hello Jason and welcome to the forum.

It is possible to get your auto out of Park in order to tow it.
If you look at the side of the centre console from the passenger side in line with the gear shifter you should see a small rectangular cut-out on the bottom edge of the console.
Try inserting a screwdriver, or similar, through the cut-out and then push the locking lever rearwards and at the same time move the gear lever out of Park as you would normally.
You would need to repeat the process if you select Park again.
If you have an owners manual the procedure is detailed on page 145.

What are the symptoms of it not starting? Will it turn over? Will it turn over but not fire. Do you get a rapid clicking noise when you turn the key? Can you hear the fuel pump prime when you first turn the key?

Hello Jason and welcome to the forum.

It is possible to get your auto out of Park in order to tow it.
If you look at the side of the centre console from the passenger side in line with the gear shifter you should see a small rectangular cut-out on the bottom edge of the console.
Try inserting a screwdriver, or similar, through the cut-out and then push the locking lever rearwards and at the same time move the gear lever out of Park as you would normally.
You would need to repeat the process if you select Park again.
If you have an owners manual the procedure is detailed on page 145.

What are the symptoms of it not starting? Will it turn over? Will it turn over but not fire. Do you get a rapid clicking noise when you turn the key? Can you hear the fuel pump prime when you first turn the key?
It turns over.. But won't fire, I know these cars don't like it if the fuel is run low, and unfortunately I let the fuel run quite low, I did put some fresh fuel in before trying to start it, it sounded like it was going to start, but then didn't.