I really don't like the 197X Cougar as a convertible, but...

70' cars looked bloated and a shadow of the previous decades' styling but now they have a certain charm and let's face it an improvement on the SUV culture.

Reactions: nvingo
"Yebbut my big car protects my chiiiihihihihildren!!!"

Drive more defensively then you dumbasses. Dial back your entitlement and stop barging around like everyone owes you for breeding.

Idiots like that killed the saloon and then the Fiesta.
hmm looking at all the dents ,cracked lights and shoved in bumpers on my neighbours kia sedona which ferries her state paid for kids back and forth to school im inclined to think it does protect her and her children.....altho she probably got them dents hitting other peoples kids :ROFLMAO:
Post automatically merged:

getting quite a love for the big ol american cars, seen some at shows ,i wish he'd fixed his brake light bulb for the vid tho :LOL:

Last edited:
Reactions: Mako
Another thing I love about cars of old is manual switch gear, all this touchscreen rubbish is dangerous, drivers spend too much time cycling through menus trying to turn the audio down or heating never mind all the transmission, suspension, throttle response, and interior light delay settings.

Back with Makos’ video. There’s a bit of Mk 3 Cortina about the headlights and indicators.

True, but USA cars looked that way because the law prevented them from moving away from sealed headlights. Their vehicle construction laws are completely asinine and mostly based on who profits. Nothing to do with safety, and everything to do with money.

I grew up there in the '70s/'80s and it hasn't got any better.

Mk 3 was my favourite Cortina, I like the arrangement. The same look was on the Taurus around the same time.
It suits the Mercury more than the Taurus.
I don’t dislike the lines of it as a soft top either. 👍

Only computer generated but cool

I love literally everything about that - even the colour - except the line of the rear side windows. They're WAY too Audi A5, even they're not too far off the '98/'69 Cougar ones.

Front grille is a little too Camaro, but I understand that modern safety laws are going to mean that the design has to follow function, so it kind of has to look that way.