• Welcome to the new forums. If you have any issues, please open a new thread in the Bugs & Problems section.

Ideas to improve the Owners Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quicksilver

Admin
Club Admin
Aug 3, 2008
South Glos.
I am sorry recovering from a stroke, trying to build a business and provide care to a 90 year old grand parent has been more important to me Terry. My point was there are more important things than arguing about the same stuff over and over again. But then some people don't have anything more important to do, which is fair enough.

I do not have to justify, my personal circumstances.

This subject has been raised so many times, with the same arguments. It's boring.

People want 'better value for money' - why not come up with realistic solutions, rather than perceived problems.

As John said, in the grand scheme of things, just over £1 per month is hardly earth shattering now is it?

If you have the time, spare cash, storage, contacts, to start off a club shop, and take care of the logistics and running of that, then feel free to put a proposal to the club.

Si, you've obviously been 'conspicuous by your absence' but I'm afraid I was completely ignorant of the reasons. I hope you're on the mend now you can get back to a normal life as possible as soon as possible. (y)

scunnycougar

Well-known user
Jun 3, 2009
Sunny Scunny
thanks mark.

thankfully, not as serious as your incident, but a warning sign nevertheless. Two days in hospital this week for more tests.

anywhooooo....back on subject...not like me to go off on a tangent

mmikey82

Well-known user
Jul 17, 2009
manchester
Like my illness last year Si , kick in the pants and sorts out what should be your priorities.
Good luck and take things easier

willeaper

Club Member
Mar 24, 2014
UK
club

I bought my first Cougar 2 years ago (and look whats happened since!), and joined the Club then.
It is a great Club, (and I've been in a few car clubs over the years), and to me represents excellent value for the subs.
I've made friends, had a great local meet here, and the tech advice etc is brilliant.
The MFM is a superb idea and all credit to those that help others keep their Cougs on the road.

Maybe just one point, quite a few people I speak to are unaware of UK Cougar, so perhaps we could publicise the club more.
I would be happy to help with that.

Yes we are a 'small' club with only a few members, but I personally think interest in Cougars in UK will slowly grow, so let's keep the club going and have some fun!

PS I suppose I will now have to renew my subs lol

F7OUD

Well-known user
Sep 5, 2009
Barry, South Wales.
Well good luck with it then guys and girls. I have said what I wanted to say without offending anyone. Many of my points have been discussed, whilst I do not agree with what is being said back to me, I also respect the clubs stand. All I wish is I turn out to be very wrong about the club as a whole.
Cheers UkCougar and thanks.

elipton

Club Member
Jul 9, 2014
Suffolk/Essex Border
Well good luck with it then guys and girls. I have said what I wanted to say without offending anyone. Many of my points have been discussed, whilst I do not agree with what is being said back to me, I also respect the clubs stand. All I wish is I turn out to be very wrong about the club as a whole.

You've been very vocal about what you want which is more for your money. No one can argue against better value for money, Peter. I'm happy to bash our heads together coming up with ideas for the club that will help everyone be happier. I would understand if there might be frustration as you're saying you're not happy with the way things are, but you haven't backed that up with suggestions. It's like being hungry and not knowing what you want to eat.

I've punched in some suggestion in my mega-post. Is there anything in there that you think has substance?

On a more side-note type thing, we discussed in this thread a couple of months ago about a welcoming pack for new members. Where was that left?

telboy

Well-known user
Mar 17, 2013
bozeat

I with you Pete, I give up I am sick of being totally ignored and trying to come up with ideas let the inner circle carry on driving the club to the edge and will use the bits I need but nothing will change so sod it.

You've been very vocal about what you want which is more for your money. No one can argue against better value for money, Peter. I'm happy to bash our heads together coming up with ideas for the club that will help everyone be happier. I would understand if there might be frustration as you're saying you're not happy with the way things are, but you haven't backed that up with suggestions. It's like being hungry and not knowing what you want to eat.

I've punched in some suggestion in my mega-post. Is there anything in there that you think has substance?

On a more side-note type thing, we discussed in this thread a couple of months ago about a welcoming pack for new members. Where was that left?[/QUOTE] my pessimism suggests like most ideas it was left in the waste bin around the admin table, as I said before getting change in the club is harder than pulling one of cerberus's teeth :LOL:

rikedwards

Club Member
Aug 17, 2009
New Ollerton
Nothing will change I am afraid

The same people are in charge that always have been and there are few members who are really actually interested in doing anything

Look at the Cougarfest thread poll as an example, 11 votes and some of them voted twice

I am not overly interested in the club any more, I love my car and as individuals some of the people in the club but in all honesty **** up in a brewery springs to mind

Look at the falling outs and banning that goes on, notice a recurring theme?

I resign my post, there is far too little interest

Relliott6879

Club Admin
Jul 5, 2009
Winchester
I with you Pete, I give up I am sick of being totally ignored and trying to come up with ideas let the inner circle carry on driving the club to the edge and will use the bits I need but nothing will change so sod it.

What inner circle? Do you really think the mod and admin team sit around some witch's cauldron, plotting ways to deter membership? Most of that team have been members here for many years, we've been to many meets and shows together over those years and, strangely enough, friendships have been forged along the way. This is perfectly natural. Would you prefer that a qualifying criteria for admin staff is not knowing or liking any of the others?

There is no discrimination or favouritism toward longer standing members though, regardless of you seemingly perceiving it to be so. I joined this club in 2009 and within weeks I had been given help and advice on fixing an inopperative electric window, fitting an induction kit and programming a Jaguar key. Al fitted a set of dials for me at my very first show in 2010, I've had my subframe swapped at a MFSM, a club member welded a hole in my sill, another member came to my house and helped me with a 300mm brake upgrade... all long before I (very recently) became a mod. In a similar vein, I have travelled all over the country and helped club members new and old with repairs to their cars, I routinely make an open offer of a bed and food to any club member (whom I may never have met) travelling a long way to a show, I'm travelling from Glasgow to Worcester in a couple of weeks to help Matt Backseateducation change his gearbox. Is he a long-standing member? I wouldn't say so, I've met him precisely once and I don't even know his last name but that makes no difference, he's a member of this club and a fellow enthusiast. There is no 'inner circle'.

backseateducation

Events Co-Ordinator
Club Moderator
Feb 1, 2014
Cornwall
I thought you were at least coming from Burnley mate - that's above and beyond!

- - - Updated - - -

Would anyone object if I put my two pence worth in?

Relliott6879

Club Admin
Jul 5, 2009
Winchester
I thought you were at least coming from Burnley mate - that's above and beyond!

I am mate. Glasgow to Burnley after work on Friday night, up at the crack of a sparrow's on the Saturday to come to yours then back up to Burnley on the Sunday, collecting Mrs Wife and continuing up to Glasgow to be back at work on Monday.

backseateducation

Events Co-Ordinator
Club Moderator
Feb 1, 2014
Cornwall
I am mate. Glasgow to Burnley after work on Friday night, up at the crack of a sparrow's on the Saturday to come to yours then back up to Burnley on the Sunday, collecting Mrs Wife and continuing up to Glasgow to be back at work on Monday.

OK bud. You still have to do the distance - I'm very grateful.

- - - Updated - - -

Carry on Matt; it's open season.

:LOL:

Right here goes.
I have been a member of this club for two years now. For a fair amount of that time my Cougar hasn't even been on the road!
During that time I have been befriended, encouraged, consoled and made to feel part of the best car forum I've ever had the priviledge to be part of. I have saved a huge amount of money that I would have otherwse spent in garage labour, gained a whole surrogate family and have gone from a pretty depressed and lonely person into someone who has a life, a half-decent job (with your encouragement), and something to look forward to. It matters not to me whether you're in green, red or blue, if I've met you or not, if you've helped me or I've turned up and attempted to look useful at your 'do', or if I've never met you at all - you've all been great.
That is what is really important - I couldn't give a damn about free stickers and pens with the club logo on because the welcome you get is worth more than any kind of branded accessory. If you want a sticker, stick a couple of quid down and help a bloke to make a living!
A lot of the time there's barely enough petrol in the car for me to get anywhere - good job it is nice to look at! But that doesn't matter either because on the days when it all gets too much, when I can't sleep at night, when I feel my 'old' self coming back again, I just log on to here and everything is alright!

So what I'm saying is please look at what's really important - not shows, not branded hoodies, not even the car; but the friendship and welcome you find. Oh, and trifle:LOL:
If you don't like it, I'll sit on you till you do. And you wouldn't want that would you:devilish:(y)

lazybones

Well-known user
Mar 31, 2009
Loughborough
sorry for a small hijack
so sorry Si, to hear about your recent health and family problems, had noticed you not being around but thought that was mostly due to you setting up your new venture. hope your health recovers soon allowing you to return to normal (not just on here)
i wish you well for the future

Status
Not open for further replies.