• Welcome to the new forums. If you have any issues, please open a new thread in the Bugs & Problems section.

Ideas to improve the Owners Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

funwoody

Well-known user
Feb 24, 2015
Darlington
Are there any original ideas appearing here, or is everybody doing donuts and going round in circles?

Would one of the admin team care re-reading through the posts, picking out ALL the ideas, and list them in a post to see if anything stands out?

Might make some headway then.
Just a thought.

Last edited:

Relliott6879

Club Admin
Jul 5, 2009
Winchester
Would one of the admin team care re-reading through the posts, picking out ALL the ideas, and list them in a post to see if anything stands out?

Might make some headway then.
Just a thought.

A fair and reasonable suggestion. Give me until this time tomorrow night and I'll get that done.

elipton

Club Member
Jul 9, 2014
Suffolk/Essex Border
Matt whacked the nail on the head. When I posted that I had a Cougar, everyone was very quick to greet me and I was sucked into the community before I even realized it. It's not a hard community to enjoy or enter.

There's often an avant garde with websites or online communities where peoples expertise on cars makes them big-headed and arrogant. I was genuinely surprised that everyone is so nice and welcoming - and tolerant! The amount of things that you're happy to cover and answer time and time again for each member and yet you remain enthusiastic.

I don't want this to sound inflammatory, but the people going off the handle a bit -complaining about the size of the club or 'inner circles' - should be the most vocal about ways to improve things.

Pid_16V

Admin (Uncle Al)
Club Admin
Nov 20, 2006
Mansfield (Robin Hood Country)
I'm not going to say a lot because this thread has, as has already been said quite a few times, gone round and round. Some posts very constructive, some not so, some just having a general moan at admin/mods. All but most recent posts have got lost in the mass, so i am suggesting this thread is re-started by who-ever wants to do it, and we start with suggestions as listed rather than 250+ posts of confusion.
Discuss away in here if you must, but keep the new thread soley for a list of ideas/suggestions so that all members concerned/interested can simply look at the list and act on the item of their choosing. Hopefully then we can put some sort of order of preference into this discussion.

Also! If you feel you seriously have something more/extra to add to the forum or If anybody would like to apply for admin/moderator position, please feel free to apply (subscribed members only)

charliecd001

Honorary Member
Club Member
Sep 10, 2007
Bolton
Right I will tell you what this club does I was an active member from 2007 although it did take a while to post. I wall ridiculed for my 4x4 conversion. Guess what! It happened it . Then I got more active in the club, to be in honest I have been all over the country fixing countless cougars if not I have been there at the end of a phone call. In 2011 I was struck down with a stroke and not a tia bleeding in my brain stroke. My family was called to my bedside in case I didn't make it . Then this club and mofo and all the other members sent me good wishes. I soon was back on my feet but the stroke had taken my right arm. Since then I have learned to type with my left arm. I thought I was getting better I was able to drive again and every thing looked rosie. then the Tia started I had two within a matter of weeks so I was banned from driving. Since then I will not get drive again. So I rely on any one who can get me to a meet with the help of Mike and Rich and Al coming up to Bolton I still intend to be an active part of this club.
That it what this club is about!. Friends helping friends.

Last edited:
I'm not going to say a lot because this thread has, as has already been said quite a few times, gone round and round. Some posts very constructive, some not so, some just having a general moan at admin/mods. All but most recent posts have got lost in the mass, so i am suggesting this thread is re-started by who-ever wants to do it, and we start with suggestions as listed rather than 250+ posts of confusion.
Discuss away in here if you must, but keep the new thread soley for a list of ideas/suggestions so that all members concerned/interested can simply look at the list and act on the item of their choosing. Hopefully then we can put some sort of order of preference into this discussion.

Also! If you feel you seriously have something more/extra to add to the forum or If anybody would like to apply for admin/moderator position, please feel free to apply (subscribed members only)

I think Rich is on the case with this Al (y) I think a big issue here though is that there are idea's banded about in this thread but that's all, can we get them listed with reasons as to why they have not been implemented atleast that way we can see that ideas are actually discussed on their merits by the Admin/Mods teams

Relliott6879

Club Admin
Jul 5, 2009
Winchester
I think Rich is on the case with this Al (y) I think a big issue here though is that there are idea's banded about in this thread but that's all, can we get them listed with reasons as to why they have not been implemented atleast that way we can see that ideas are actually discussed on their merits by the Admin/Mods teams

One thing at a time Paul. Simply sifting through the thread and collating the suggestions into a clear and logical order is going to take me quite some time for starters. Once done, we can then discuss the various merits and downsides of each point, but that will not happen overnight; I'm sure nobody would thank us for making snap decisions about things, rather that we discuss things at length (and calmly!) to arrive at a considered conclusion for each.

What this absolutely will not become, however, is a kangaroo court for Suscriber X or Member Y to say "I want something and, if I don't get it, I demand that a mod be hung from the nearest tree". As I said in my earlier post, there is no 'inner circle', no 'clique', no 'us & them' and, if we are to have a calm and reasoned discussion, that divisive notion must be put to bed.

One thing at a time Paul. Simply sifting through the thread and collating the suggestions into a clear and logical order is going to take me quite some time for starters. Once done, we can then discuss the various merits and downsides of each point, but that will not happen overnight; I'm sure nobody would thank us for making snap decisions about things, rather that we discuss things at length (and calmly!) to arrive at a considered conclusion for each.

What this absolutely will not become, however, is a kangaroo court for Suscriber X or Member Y to say "I want something and, if I don't get it, I demand that a mod be hung from the nearest tree". As I said in my earlier post, there is no 'inner circle', no 'clique', no 'us & them' and, if we are to have a calm and reasoned discussion, that divisive notion must be put to bed.

In the interest of factualisation I would like to interject that I have at no point suggested any MOD should be hung from the nearest tree!!! Sometimes the nearest tree is too far away :devilish:

Relliott6879

Club Admin
Jul 5, 2009
Winchester
THREAD CLOSED

As requested above, I am in the process of collating the proposals in this thread to a new one here. The new thread will be opened once I've done transferring everything across and we will then use the new thread for proposals going forward. Please bear with me whilst this is in progress, you patience is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.