Interesting comment....

I think you find that all the cougars have retired to Bexhill, as there are 3 Cougars round the corner from me lol.
I would have loved to have seen the cougar with the capri badge, it would have looked great with a set of pepper pots and some injection stripes down the side lol.

Don't forget the furry steering wheel cover and dice hanging from the rear view mirror and the 'his and hers' sunstrip :LOL:

My opinion, for what it's worth............Cougar is a great name, wild & unpredictable.......bit like some of the build quality lol!:)

It's probably one of those cars that's been forgotten to a large extent, but the styling is iconic & we see echoes of it on many subsequent Ford models, even today.

It is & always will be a very pretty car & a head-turner, I think a more interesting question is 'will it ever be considered a classic?'................probably not until there's only a handful left, but the fact that we are still so passionate about it & prefer buying an 11 or more year old car, to more modern offerings, shouts volumes (& not just because they are cheap to buy).

The Capri had it's day & is still a great icon for the year, but parked alongside a Cougar, it's like the Flintstones meet the Jetsons imo.:)