Is mine a C1 or C2 ?

marksmith

Forum user
May 18, 2011
High Wycombe
My Cougar is a 2000 X reg. Is that a C1 or a C2 and what were the differences between the two as I never realised there were two versions.

What year did the C2 start from ?

Many thanks

Cheers for that - after reading that post I was still confused so I asked the bloke I am buying it from - turns out its a C2 I am buying but has got C1 headlights fitted, which was what was confusing me !

Last edited:
Thanks mate, yes, I am sure its a C2 I have got with C1 headlights - My car "to be" has got the same front bumper and wheels as the car on the right, but the headlights from the car on the left

Really !

It would not of been this one as my mate has owned this one since it was either new, or about 6 months old or something like that. He vowed he would never sell it, until this week when he got his new car !

I'm surprised we dont see a lot of C2's like this bearing in mind the cost and rarity of C2 headlights, if one was to be damaged then it would be a lot cheaper to replace with a second hand pair of C1 lights.

I'm surprised we dont see a lot of C2's like this bearing in mind the cost and rarity of C2 headlights, if one was to be damaged then it would be a lot cheaper to replace with a second hand pair of C1 lights.

Exactly what happened to mine by the previous owner - he smashed one light and so he sold the other one for more than the two C1 headlights cost !