• Welcome to the new forums. If you have any issues, please open a new thread in the Bugs & Problems section.

Manufacture of Sill Sections

If we can find what we want, I am willing to consider financing buying original parts/getting spares made up.
You have put some much good work into this let's keep going.
Let me know what you think is the best way forward, in terms of what parts to buy etc..

By the way anybody seen any new subframes for sale? There were some on Fleabay (from USA), but can't seem to find them.
I think the subframes all sold, as for sills, cut them off a scrapper and get new made up or just Patch as Tony suggested. I am currently saving up and will then be travelling around all the breakers in my area looking to stock up on Bumpers, lights, wings and doors and if they are any good I will grab subframes and get them reconditioned and Galvanised but the whole process will probably take me a couple of years as I have a home and family to support as well (y)

Quicksilver

Admin
Club Admin
Aug 3, 2008
South Glos.
Apparently they are available, I am sceptical though as we have already discovered that the outer sill is made up of a piece that forms the rear quarter and a piece that forms the A Pillar, this suggests to me that an actual outer sill is not a part that was ever manufactured

See number 3 in the parts diagram Steve linked to in post no.94 ^^

It shows the lower outer sill from the A pillar to the rear wheel arch as one part; possibly a repair panel??

Paul, I've got a rear bumper cover you're welcome to.

Structurally sound, cosmetically less so.

Last edited:

backseateducation

Events Co-Ordinator
Club Moderator
Feb 1, 2014
Cornwall
I think the subframes all sold, as for sills, cut them off a scrapper and get new made up or just Patch as Tony suggested. I am currently saving up and will then be travelling around all the breakers in my area looking to stock up on Bumpers, lights, wings and doors and if they are any good I will grab subframes and get them reconditioned and Galvanised but the whole process will probably take me a couple of years as I have a home and family to support as well (y)

If you need hand with anything Paul please let me know. I'll be scrapyarding on Thursday so will see what I can pick up.

Quicksilver

Admin
Club Admin
Aug 3, 2008
South Glos.
If we can find what we want, I am willing to consider financing buying original parts/getting spares made up.
You have put some much good work into this let's keep going.
Let me know what you think is the best way forward, in terms of what parts to buy etc..

By the way anybody seen any new subframes for sale? There were some on Fleabay (from USA), but can't seem to find them.

Wil, new rear subframes from the U.S. are here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-OEM-REA...ash=item35e1b41e94:g:4QcAAOSweW5VT4Kp&vxp=mtr

backseateducation

Events Co-Ordinator
Club Moderator
Feb 1, 2014
Cornwall
With thanks to Andy I have some information from Mark (maretz) about the sill sections he had made up for his Cougar (and due to its recent demise is now selling on here)
They were fitted by a garage local to him after being made up by a recommended engineering firm. If people are interested I have their contact details and would be happy to try and arrange some kind of bulk order.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160525/6db2f6fe314f11790c3cdeacb65dfdd3.jpg

[url]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160525/e29d863d511657bfd21e46e3b3bb03bd.jpg

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160525/0dafdb25f57145884868989ee61fd9a4.jpg

[/URL]

Mako

Club Member
Feb 6, 2011
Milton Keynes
Excellent! And the best bit is that they're rusty before they go on the car, saving you the bother of driving in the rain!

:geek:

willeaper

Club Member
Mar 24, 2014
UK
This could be great for Cougar preservation.
I would be interested in ordering some.
Just to ask, from what 'pattern' were these sills made to guarantee a good fit?

Last edited:

maretz

Well-known user
Dec 21, 2008
Aberdeenshire
Begs the question: I wonder if they kept the paterns on file for reproduction?

No they wouldn't of kept the pattern, they were hand produced for me, but I'm willing to keep the ones I got made up as a template, before I sell them at least then there's a template locally