Matt's Final Meet

Sadly I will definetly not be able to make this, its my last day of driving instruction before my PCV test.
Please could you guys pass on my conolences and best wishes, if you'd be so kind.

Forum is understandably very quiet tonight, why is it you're never quite sure how to feel after days like these.

There was a frankly amazing turnout for Matt today. So many friends and family, and more than a good handful of people from our little family here at UKCougar

Nothing more to say except....

It's always hard to talk about these occasions. I think we gave Matt a wave he'd be proud of, a good turnout for a great bloke who will be missed by many for a long time. A lot of reminiscing was done today as i'm sure it will be for some time to come. As i said to Tony outside the chapel, you keep it together, then as soon as you start talking, you start to choke on that lump in the throat. It's just so good to see so many of his UKC pals turnout for him. Rest in peace, Matt.

The turnout was indeed amazing. The fact they almost had to shoehorn everyone into the Crematorium tells you all you need to know about Matt. It was a lovely service with moments of sadness and laughter mixed in. Great to see so many faces from UKC past and present - if only that could happen at Fest rather than under sad occasions such as this. Shame we didn't get a group photo with the t-shirts too :rolleyes:

Well where to begin........ First of all I would like to personally thank Kully, the flowers and cake were top quality. Next would be Phil for sorting out the T-Shirts, again very noble of him to do this upfront. I have not seen eye to eye with both men over the years but I feel yesterday built some bridges and I did manage to have a short chat to Phil and Kully which was nice.

The drive to the service was a nice one and I was proud to be apart of the convoy with all the other shiny Cougars.
Onto the service....... it was a touching one that only highlighted what a great man Matt really was and will be missed by everyone.
I did not get to really see the end of the service due to Steve's ( Mel ) deciding she wanted to go to sleep for a few minutes and fainting right next to us. Andy to his credit jumped to her aid and put her in a recovery position and checked her airways. Mel must have been out for at least 3 minutes and about 10 minutes in a side room recovering from her mid afternoon nap.

On-wards to the wake and it was a very nice venue backed up by food that was of excellent quality. Most of us stayed till after 7pm and when we left it was only really UKCougar members left which tells you what we all thought of Matt.

All in a very nice and humbling day for me personally. I would also like to thank everyone who donated money to Matt's fund, you are all a credit to this club and Matt.

Yesterday proved to be a very fitting tribute to a very brave person.
Karen and I were honoured to be able to play some small part in giving Matt the send-off he so rightly deserved.
The numbers and the diversity of the people in attendance showed just how many lives Matt has touched and in so many ways.
UKC did him proud.

It was a good day if that's an appropriate thing to say, the sun shone, the place was packed and the venue that we went on to was full of friends that I have not seen for a long time, people that have finished with Cougars, the club, or both. Although the ceremony was sad, there was a lot of fun to be had at the wake, when I go, I hope that the people who attend behave the same way at my wake, be sad that they won't see a person again but have some fun too with friends and family to lift the sadness.

As I have said, I wasn't his best friend, he wasn't mine but it still saddens me that I won't ever see him again, but whenever I remember his Funeral in the future, I will have some happy memories of the time too, that's the first time that I can honestly say that about a funeral that I have attended.

And I wasn't the nominated drunk either!