new owner needs help

Hello and welcome to the forum. (y)

Unlike on the equivalent Mondeo the 'single press to open all doors' can't be activated without altering the vehicle settings using Forscan, or similar.

Unfortunately not as there are several more owned by other members of the forum. The VX is a misnomer as Ford never marketed a VX model. You have a V6 auto with the X pack which consisted of heated leather seats with electric adjustment on the driver's side, a 6 cd changer in the boot and metallic paint.
It's long been established that someone incorrectly registered a 'VX' with the DVLA and the mistake was perpetuated over time.

Ok Thanks, btw it seems i have the only automatic Cougar VX V6 in the country on the road now,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
heheh no u dont mate, mines a vx auto too...and i though exactly what u though..in fact the seller sold it to me as an only 1 model left:LOL:

still there a damn nice car tho, much smoother and easier to drive than the manual, no offence to manual coug drivers as i own a manual too:rolleyes:
Post automatically merged:

oh also!
welcome ,nice to see someone with a rare vx auto here too:ROFLMAO:

Hi,my drivers seat base bolster which runs along my right leg has gone very hard as if the stuffing has been replaced with cement lol,is this a common fault...... thanks.

Do you have cloth or leather seats?
It's far more common for the outer seat bolster to sag and lose it's shape from prolonged use than to go hard.

I think we have a used leather C1 driver's seat in the forum parts stash and I would need to check out the condition of the seat bolster if you were interested.
I realise you are on the opposite side of the country but parts in the forum stash are available to fully subscribed members for a donation to club funds.

Reactions: nvingo
the cougar is going for its mot today,hopefully nothing wrong with it,ive done a pre mot check but only so much i can do,and yes mine must be the X pack as it has heated electric leather,cd changer , cruise control & parking sensors.Only thing i need to do is sort out the drivers seat side bolster as in a spot it has a hard bubble which pushes against your kidneys.

Do you have a parts forum on here as i need a front drivers seat.

Hi,cougar just passed MOT with 1 advisory for nail in rear tyre, so its only ever have 2 advisories in its life.... im well pleased.

Last edited:
Well done on the pass. (y)
We have a selection of spares available to subscribed members for a donation to club funds plus p&p if required.

it has heated electric leather,cd changer , cruise control & parking sensors
Well done on the pass;
Normally, cloth seats are associated with the 2.0 Zetec, but some V6s had them - cloth were never heated and I don't think motorised, I think leather were always both (as per UK's limited option choice - we got alloy wheels, ABS/disc brakes and Climate (digital air-con) on ALL, whereas US didn't).
Boot CD changer could be had with either cassette or CD head unit - in the facelift (2001) Cougar it was replaced with a in-dash 6-disc changer.
Cruise control always came with the auto box but never with the manual - several have sourced the parts to add it to the manual.
The Ford OEM parking sensors is a quite rare option, though I think some have sourced and added it.

Hi,cougar just passed MOT with 1 advisory for nail in rear tyre, so its only ever have 2 advisories in its life
And that's in the tyre, so not really relevant to the car!

Reactions: Gunslinger and Mako
When talking about the model variants, it's important to know that the data (such that HowManyLeft uses) comes from garages and MOT stations that report them.

These are not always accurate, to the point that some of them are actually typos.

I have literally no issue with anyone calling their Cougar a "VX" if they want to, but when asking for assistance you're probably better off describing its attributes ("V6 Auto with leather and a sunroof") to ensure you get the right advice.