New proud owner

Kevin

Club Member
Nov 8, 2020
Surrey
Hello, I would like to introduce myself as a proud owner of my coveted Dads' Cougar, who has recently given up driving. At the age of 88 this has been a relief for the family and certainly put a smile on my face.
He bought it from new in 1999 and is a V6 VX.
Although whenever I enter the reg into any search bar it comes up with the car as being manual, it is in fact an automatic. It does have a slide switch with both E/S.
It's in lovely condition with 65k on the clock and has cruise amongst all of the usual bells and whistles.
Frankly I love it.
Any additional info you can give me on the car would be much appreciated including how to teach a non techophobe how to post a picture !
I'm based in Surrey.

Kevin

Hi and welcome :)

Sounds like you have a good one there , we would all love to see some pictures!

When you post in the box above the text to the right you'll see a picture of a tree , click on that and you'll be able to upload pictures from your PC or device (y)

Hello Kevin and welcome to the forum. (y)
To post photos:
Click on the third emblem from the right in the row of boxes above the box where you type your post, it has what looks like a tree in it.
This will allow you to 'choose file' on your device; phone, iPad, computer etc and select a photo to upload. Once selected click on 'upload file' and a line of text will appear where your cursor was in the text box.
When you click on 'Post reply' your photo should appear in your post.

The 'VX' is a misnomer; Ford didn't market a VX. You have the V6 with optional X Pack which includes leather seats, heated on both fronts, electrically adjustable for the driver, a CD-changer in the boot and metallic paint at no extra cost.

The E/S slider switch denotes either Sport or Economy.

Personally, I would suggest using Imgur. It's free (though you are giving up certain ownership rights), respects the image orientation, and doesn't tax this forum's bandwidth.

Unless you're looking to monetise your shots, it really is the best option and it's what I use.

Aaanyway, welcome to you Kevin. I hope you enjoy your car and your time here. You need anything? Just ask.

vB0e5WU.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I had the bumpers resprayed last week
vB0e5WU.jpg

Welcome Kevin, it's always great to hear how people acquired their cars. Looks great too.

Yeah like Chris said if you need any help you just need to ask (as long as it's not from me as I know f#@k all about how they work, I know I just love them)