new xpack cougar

ACE CLARKE

Well-known user
Feb 23, 2010
cheshire
hi folks, i'm new to this sort of thing so you'll have to bear with me. i bought a v6 xpack cougar last week, i had been watching them on ebay for a while and this one popped up and i put a low max on, there was no reserve set on the car and it was due to finish on the sunday morning at 8.30. would you believe it, i won it for 670 quid, it has dealer history up to 80,000 miles, present mileage is 101,000 so it probably needs a service. the guy told me the battery light comes on intermittently so i thought okay, possible alternator here, a bitch to fit i've been told. anyway i used it a couple of days and the battery light had been on a couple of hours and guess what, it wouldn't start when i came to leave my sister's house so i rang the AA, a very nice man jump started it and followed me home. i bought a new aftermarket alternator from an ebay shop, buy it now 99 quid, the guy even dropped it off for me on his way home from work, how's that for service? his ebay user name is aapoldham.
anyway it's at my usual cheap and cheerful garage for a couple of days and can't wait to get it back to give it a wash and go for a good drive to test it out. if it's all sorted for a couple of hundred quid then that's a really cheap cougar. all the electrics work including the 6 cd changer and i'm really looking forward to this weekend's trip to derbyshire for my wife's birthday.
will keep you posted on it's progress and hello to all at UKCOUGAR.COM,
cheers,
ACE.:eek:

Hi Ace and welcome to the club. Post some pics when you get a chance and subscribe if you want access to all the information there is on the Cougar.

hi ace, sounds like you picked up a bargain there, alternator, wishbones and imrc are some of the most common probs on cougars , but have a look around the site , some areas are restricted to subscribers, but any questions just ask, welcome to the club, (y)
get some pics up soon, :wink5:

Welcome ACE...

Good bunch in here...Whereabouts in Cheshire? there are a few of us knocking around here, good for help - advice etc....(y)

Hi ace and welcome to the club (madhouse) great bunch on here and a few laughs to be had along the way,loads of info no manuals made for cougar but all the info is either in subscriber section (£13) or the members are both knowledgeable and helpful,as well as a little mad:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
Tony (y)

Hello and Welcome Ace, sounds like you snapped up a right little bargain. Will look forward to the pic's. BTW, what colour is it?

Well done, at least it sounds like you've gone in with your eyes open, and you've done your homework in advance.

I'm fairly confident the alternator will solve your problem, and the car should do you a good while :)

welcome to the forum. As others have said, I can't recommend subscribing highly enough. Its £13 to subscribe per year and saves you a blinkin fortune.

You got a bargain there, even with the alty problem.