Pid_16V 'Uncle Al'.

Quicksilver

Admin
Club Admin
Aug 3, 2008
South Glos.
It can't help to have been noticed Al's usually prolific contributions to the forum have been somewhat limited over the last few months.
Some of you will be aware of the on-going problems Al has had with his health and the numerous delays he has suffered in receiving the operation his condition so desperately requires.
It is with his blessing I can now announce to the members of the forum that he is due to be operated on tomorrow morning and I'm sure you will all join with me in offering him our best wishes and prayers in what is a quite desperate time for him.

Good luck Al, our thoughts are with you and we look forward to seeing you grace these boards again soon. (y)

Al's brother Steve has just called me to say although Al came through the 17 hour, Tuesday into Wednesday, operation successfully and appeared to be 'holding his own' his condition has deteriorated rapidly over the past 24 hours. I'm afraid it's not looking too good at the moment but he is still with us and fighting hard.

It is with huge sadness I have to pass on the terrible news of Al's passing.
The struggle became too much for him and he was taken from us at 2.30pm this afternoon.

RIP my friend; you will be sorely missed. :(

In due course there will be a thread dedicated to Al and our memories of him and I will keep everyone informed of the funeral arrangements as best I can.