• When using paypal to pay for show tickets please say in the comment box what show you are paying for. This makes it easier for us to cross refer to the show threads. Thanks.

proposal for 2013

JJ

Well-known user
Sep 10, 2004
Manchester
we have confirmed dates of July 12/13/14 AGAIN WE WILL BE LAKESIDE.

Ok this may seem very premature but the cost of everything when booking as late as we have had to the last two years is more than if we can jump on it earlier so proposal for next year is as follows (open to ideas this is not set in stone completely)

Deposit £10 taken from August 1st - October 1st NON refundable ( lets not forget a lot of people still come without cougars so no excuse)

This will then be totalled on the basis that each deposit will turn into a full attendance and allow us to look at costs and place deposits on equipment along with a solid booking for Grendon Lakes assuring us that the event will go ahead as each year when it looks like there is not enough interest and we discuss cancelling it there is disapproval at the idea.

Providing we get 15 actual deposits which is realistic in my opinion and this is the minimum I am willing to let it go ahead for I will provisionally book everything which requires a non refundable deposit.

I will then re open the taking of deposits from 1st February to 1st April 2013 again at £10 per car.

After this date I will only accept deposits from subscribers who have joined after 1st April as existing subscribers will have had a full 4 months to book their place.

Thoughts/feedback please

JJ

Last edited:
Forward planning will make life easier and mean slightly cheaper costs. Commitment early on allows people to book holiday/time off etc and save towards the event too. Especially after the bookings and chasing we've had to do this last week. Was pure luck that I managed to get us a small but needed discount. That's not always a guarantee though and as I was advised, an early booking guarantees availability for what we want and at a good price.

Gets my vote obviously as its always a ball ache having to make this all happen at short notice.

Only query is this bit, while I understand where you are coming from there might be a situation where a subscribed member suddenly has a change of circumstances

After this date I will only accept deposits from subscribers who have joined after 1st April as existing subscribers will have had a full 4 months to book their place.JJ

I understand that Rik but with the dates set a few months apart and being 2 months in duration each that is a very big window to be able to pay a £10 deposit.

JJ

It's a great idea JJ, but I for one cannot commit for 2013 due to not knowing what holidays I'm allowed in 2013. Due to working a 24/7 rosta, I have to work most weekends as does Rach. We will be one of the few that will have to get back to you between Feb and April 2013, as we both should know what holidays we can have (as would need to book holiday to ensure having the time off to attend).

That's why there'll be 2 windows Tim. Gives people plenty of time and notice for holidays etc. We are hoping to be able to get a possible date from Grendon while we are there this year so that we can provisionally book it subject to deposits.

That's why there'll be 2 windows Tim. Gives people plenty of time and notice for holidays etc. We are hoping to be able to get a possible date from Grendon while we are there this year so that we can provisionally book it subject to deposits.

Yeh, appreciate that Kully. Rach and I would love to be there, we're gutted we can't make this years. Hopefully we'll be there in 2013...fingers crossed :)

As Kully says Tim even people with horrible shift patterns should know by the end of March and on the flip side if we have a concrete date people can get holiday forms/requests in super early giving a better chance of getting it approved.

JJ

Cracking idea JJ - the sooner we get a concrete date though the better. Hopefully it'll lead to greater numbers at the 'annual UKCougar camping event previously known as cougarfest' event :)

I will pay a deposit for both of us although we will probably be a 1 cougar household by then, why not start the first window on Fest weekend? The feelgood factor at that time would probably mean that some would pay it there and then which would also mean no paypal fee. I know the fee is small but it's better in our pocket than theirs.

The actual idea is a good one though, gives us something to work to.