• Welcome to the new forums. If you have any issues, please open a new thread in the Bugs & Problems section.

RSS feed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Relliott6879

Club Admin
Jul 5, 2009
Winchester
Sorry if this is in the wrong place, didn't really think it belonged in 'Forum debug' but nothing else jumped out as being suitable.

I'm just wondering if there is any feasability to providing an RSS feed from the forum (or does one already exist that I haven't found?).

I have RSS feeds from Sky News and Sky Sports on the homepage of my work computer, it'd be nice to have similar for UKC. SCC appear to have one, so I'm guessing it's not something only megabucks sites can do.

spjmorris

Well-known user
Apr 10, 2012
'Fampton
Not used RSS in donkey's, but when I did I recall most readers will let you create your own feed from a url

MRT803

Tech Admin
Club Admin
Mar 30, 2012
Nottingham
There is an XML feed for the site, found here: https://forums.ukcougar.club/external.php?type=xml

The thing to remember when using RSS or any type of feed from forums, they will only list publicly viewable content, unless they are advanced system that give each user an authentication key to get private content, but this is a little risky.

Readers can't create feeds, but it is possible for them to crawl the content and arrange it, just like when google searches a site.

Relliott6879

Club Admin
Jul 5, 2009
Winchester
There is an XML feed for the site, found here: https://forums.ukcougar.club/external.php?type=xml

The thing to remember when using RSS or any type of feed from forums, they will only list publicly viewable content, unless they are advanced system that give each user an authentication key to get private content, but this is a little risky.

So this is the link to copy and paste into my RSS reader?

Readers can't create feeds, but it is possible for them to crawl the content and arrange it, just like when google searches a site.

I'm afraid I have no idea what this means!

Status
Not open for further replies.