Selling values

Kevin

Club Member
Nov 8, 2020
Surrey
Hello,
Unfortunately i am looking to sell my Cougar which is a reluctant sale.
It was my Dads car from new, 82k but due to ulez rules my weekend car has to go.
Only problem is i dont know what to ask for it?
I am looking for a realistic estimate before i put it on either ebay or auto trader.
Its a 2.5 VX V6, its on an auto box and has all the bits, leather plus cruise control.
I did post pics when i joined 2 years ago but not been a very active member to date which i regret.
Any help or advice would be appreciated.
Kevin

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230303_083347_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20230303_083347_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 10
I would check if ULEZ definitely applies to your car before doing anything hasty.

Hello,
Unfortunately i am looking to sell my Cougar which is a reluctant sale.
It was my Dads car from new, 82k but due to ulez rules my weekend car has to go.
Only problem is i dont know what to ask for it?
I am looking for a realistic estimate before i put it on either ebay or auto trader.
Its a 2.5 VX V6, its on an auto box and has all the bits, leather plus cruise control.
I did post pics when i joined 2 years ago but not been a very active member to date which i regret.
Any help or advice would be appreciated.
Kevin
Hi Kevin, I don't know if this is helpful to you But I recent did a Reg check on a Cougar That I'm thinking of buying and I printed the background info about the car ( mot history etc ) and there's a section covering current valuations on the cars, probably market and or insurance valuations - Dealer forecourt ,1330, trade retail 1110, private clean,1585 private average,1585 part ex 446, auction 575 trade average 635 trade poor 575. Hope this is helpful, the website is Caranalytics. I'm afraid not everyone is a 'Cat' lover and insurance companies love em as they just write them off as they are too expensive to repair. Hope this has helped. ( my advice - ask for a bit more than what you think its worth, haggle and then come down. Good Luck )
Steve.