Smoked rear lights

good good i need to get mine done too,but the weather has been terrible,have got 3 sealent jobs to do blanking plates,interior chrome sill and new boot badge emblem,so hopefully dry tommorow

think weve had enough rain for the year in one day so should be dry tommorow:LOL:

nah mate theres a guy on ebay does them..i didnt want to run the risk of messing them up myself...worked out 40 quid all together but worth it i think..as i saw those light covers go on ebay for £117 mind boggling

they look the part.i know there was one seller on ebay doing them but they were to dark and not really road legal

hmm not too sure how legal they are but they look ok...the guys ebay id is smokem72....ive got a very understanding mot tester and a spare set of lenses just incase plod disagrees..lol

that does help lol,but they dont look as dark as some of the ones i have saw,so less drug dealer look to em lol,tried that one with the misses to tint the windows she said no way u will look like a drug dealer:LOL:

that does help lol,but they dont look as dark as some of the ones i have saw,so less drug dealer look to em lol,tried that one with the misses to tint the windows she said no way u will look like a drug dealer:LOL:
...class
its a slow work in progress..not sure its gonna be liked when im finished with it but i like the black and blurple look so the stripes may be done nxt pay day along with the other dodgy things im doing to it...i ll post pics when its all done.im in a gutted state at the moment cos the spoiler i bought from a dodgy ebayer turned out to be damaged but its getting repaired as we type...i like the cougar but the emblems dont do it for me...from past experience the ford sign has brought me nothing but trouble so im gonna cover everything ford about the car and give it my own stamp....watch this space...itll be like marmite..youll either love it or hate it lol

Quite cheap and easy to do yourself. It was one of the first mods that I did using #9 in this thread

http://www.ukcougarforum.com/vb/showthread.php?1105-Rear-light-tint-pics-and-how-to....dialup-beware!!

I didn't wan't mine too dark - but you can do them as dark as you want (y)

NuCougar2Sunset011.jpg

Very easy to do and mine look ok. Buy a tinting spray and a clear laquer, give them as many coats as you want of the tint spray to get the desired shade, let each coat dry fully before deciding, I also had a bulb rigged up to check that light would pass through in adequate quantities.
Once you have your desired shade, put a clear laquer on to protect the tint and provide a nice lustre. Make sure that the place you're working in is warm and dry too.
Make sure that you clean your lights fully, I used thinners but you must not linger too long with the stuff or it eats the plastic. If you get any runs in the paint, you'll need a fine grade of wet dry to take them out, I also use meguiars scratchx or T-cut metallic for the same job, depending on how severe I need to be.

A note of caution, if you buy from ebay, be careful, I bought mine as E marked but the dipstick had sprayed them so dark that you could've let a small neuclear bomb off inside and you wouldn't have seen the flash!! I had to strip his paint off with the thinners and start again. I don't know how much spraying you've done but it's a very easy job to do if you don't rush.

Nice one dude i think il do it that way. Seems nice and simple. Your pics looks bloody great, massive improvement. I noticed that you painted part of your lights the same colour as your car, but if you just want to tine the whole light can this be done using the method you just described? IM guessing so but i wanted to make sure..

Does this method work for the front lights too?

Adam - read the link that I've posted above - a little labour intensive but you get a cracking finish. I've only used two coats of tint on mine but you can use 5 or 6 - just check as you go along. I've not painted any of my lights so you can do it either way.

I used E Tech tint and it works fine but I did put 5 coats of laquer over the top.

Plenty of tints on ebay http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_...&_nkw=tinting+spray&_sacat=See-All-Categories

You can do the fronts but I would suggest only very lightly - you can get away with dark on the back better than you can on the front (y)