Review: 5/5 Stoner "Invisible Glass"

Mako

Club Member
Feb 6, 2011
Milton Keynes
"Cleans so well, you'll think it's invisible!"[SUP]TM[/SUP]

Yeah. A lot of glass cleaners make that claim and I've struggled to find one that lives up to it. Meguiars, Auto Glym, Dodo Juice...

My biggest problem is one of my own creation really; I smoke in my car because I'm a digusting human being, and that leaves oily nicotine residue - especially near the offside A-pillar - even though I drive with my window open (even in midwinter). If you don't smoke - or don't smoke in your car - what this means for me is that the aircon can't demist it in any reasonable timeframe.

On the other hand, Tracey doesn't smoke in her cars, but she found that whatever VAG are putting on their windscreens cause them to mist up in seconds the minute you get in. So she's been on the hunt for an effective product for years. And we think we've found it.

Pros:

• It strips everything from the glass. Even suction-cup marks.
  • It dries quickly and doesn't smear as long as you use two microfibre cloths: one to clean, the other to dry.
  • You can use it on tinted windows.
  • You can use it around the house, including windows and mirrors.

Cons:

• I don't know what it's made of, but it absolutely reeks of ammonia. So I guess it's made from ammonia.
  • It's highly flammable while wet, so I guess it's made from ammonia and alcohol. The warnings on the bottle are quite alarming, but might be due to American litigiousness.

You can get a bottle for about £12, which is about on the level of all the other glass cleaners you can buy, but this one actually works and we love it.

No disclosure here - we're nothing other than satisfied customers.

Having just used this for the first time, I can only concur with Chris's positive review. I've just done all the windows in the flat, plus the shower screen and a couple of mirrors and they have all come up crystal-clear with minimal effort. Great product, thanks for recommending it.

There's something weird going on with that link. It worked the first time I used it, but then I tried to navigate away (to do another search) and got Access Denied. Trying to hit the original link again also gets me Access Denied.

Rich - glad you liked it, mate.

Also, we discovered what on earth is going on with VAG windscreens these days. It’s two things; brominated flame retardant from the seats and carpets, and outgassing from olefin plastics used in the dash, console and doorcards. The PVC they used to use didn't outgas as much, but the gasses were more harmful which is why they changed.