What Have You Done to Your Cougar Today?

Wow, let’s hope someone had footage from door cameras or CCTV and the Police have time to nick the T*rd.

Did the Focus pop core plugs due to weather ? IE is it freezing in your area ?
no mate, i suspect she hasnt had antifreeze in a prev life as they were rotten.
its been put up on facebook to see if anyone else saw anything as we were not the only ones..
facebook seems better at sorting crime more than the police, if i find out who and they own a car i will be......stopp there :LOL:
police as usual cant really do much except do a report.

Reactions: TopCat1127
oh yes how to pleeese....mines been soaked a few times too.
dont worry your not the only one whose car has said enough right b4 christmas.
my daughters focus decided to blow out its engine core plugs 2 days ago and fill up the spark plug channel with coolant...
fixed that problem yesterday b4 a mad dash to try and find spark plugs...how to coming up.
and then today went to it and some(lit*** ****) thug has stabbed all the tyres.....cant get any till Wednesday now:mad:🤬🤬
and no i haven't annoyed anyone as they did it to 3 other cars down 2 other streets..
Aww I'm sorry about your daughter's car, I hope you can find out who had a go at the tyres too🤬

Not the Cougar but the Ka (RU8, or Fiat 500).
It has a CD/radio (a normal DIN but the HU front includes part of the dash trim), which has an AUX input socket below the gearstick, by the front cupholder. That is also where a tiny coin cubby and the standard auto 12v socket are.
We previously had the dash trims off to run USB/power cables to the mirror/dashcam and the Tomtom satnav. I sanded and T-cut the centre console panel above the radio/below the windscreen to enable the Tomtom suction mount to adhere, this location blocking almost none of the windscreen to the driver, and the USB cable exit from a small hole made to the side of the same panel.
Son (main driver) bought iPhone to audio cable to connect his playlists to the HU, and subsequently a magsafe iPhone mount/charger.
Meantime, I had a spare bluetooth receiver and USB1.1 hub to share the 12v power amongst 2+ devices, so for a while these were hanging loose near the cupholder, and anyone could link their phone via BT to the HU. The phone mount however, wouldn't suction to the dash top nor the windscreen!
Over the past few weeks I've been building up a resin pad (cheap araldite type glue) next to the satnav, to try to make a base to suction to more reliably than to the dash top. Still couldn't get the phone mount to stay put, so son was in touch with the supplier who acknowledged the issue and are apparently sending his choice of stickypad or vent clip replacement. Five minutes later and a kettle of fresh boiled water and adhesion was achieved with the suction mount!
Anyhow, so with the cable for the magsafe charger also suitable hidden, I turned to my son's complaint that the BT device loose near the cupholder interfered with his operation of the handbrake. I had also added a spare small powerbank to the BT so the kids' phones stayed connected to it with the ignition key at off (12v socket being ignition switched, but HU operable at any time).
So with the cables poked through a discrete hole in the upper side of the coin tray, only dashcam USB, hub host USB and aux audio are cabin-side of the trim, the rest sitting inside a small plastic box on the carpet between the trim and the floor air vents, securely lidded.
1705939323696.jpeg

Reactions: Foobar
I’ve driven mine today. !
As far as my pet mechanics garage in readiness for his attention tomorrow.
His brief is;
Plug her in and diagnose / fix / hopefully clearing the pesky ABS TCT warning lights.
Also fit four replacement QH brake flexi’s ( Three of which came from this forum )
Also flush out the cooling system. It’ll be interesting to see if there anything on the plug in for cooling fan faults.

The IACV seems to have gone duff again, ( bought used from the forum ) she was racing and I was holding her back on the brakes for the brief trip.
I’ll go back to unplugging it and heel and toe for a few mins to keep her from stalling when cold. At least I tried.

Last edited: