• Welcome to the new forums. If you have any issues, please open a new thread in the Bugs & Problems section.

Workshop section

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dabooka

Club Member
Apr 30, 2014
North East
Being somewhat new to this whole doing stuff and getting my hands dirty malarky, I often find myself asking for advice and opinions on tools and hardware purchases. Now I know we have a reviews section but would it be worth having a place for Workshop type queries like this as I don't really know the best place to ask them.

Just a thought.

Mako

Club Member
Feb 6, 2011
Milton Keynes
I could be wrong, but if you've had a good (or otherwise) experience with a particular tool, I don't see anything wrong with putting it in the Reviews section with a detailed explanation of what it is, where you got and why you like it... and maybe linking to it from Garage Talk?

On the other hand, I'm not in charge of bandwidth or keeping the forums neat and orderly, so I'll defer to the mods on this!

Foobar

Club Member
Jul 30, 2017
Great Yarmouth, NORFOLK
I don't think it matters how many times we reinvent the wheel, the important thing is that it is still round...

As has been pointed out to me, apart from a little initial discomfort, most non-round wheels soon come to adopt that shape...

- - - Updated - - -

I could be wrong, but if you've had a good (or otherwise) experience with a particular tool, I don't see anything wrong with putting it in the Reviews section with a detailed explanation of what it is, where you got and why you like it... and maybe linking to it from Garage Talk?

On the other hand, I'm not in charge of bandwidth or keeping the forums neat and orderly, so I'll defer to the mods on this!

You are right Chris, I think I have often put similar things in eBay listings with a link, although that seems to be more intended for cars / parts. But I find that a picture paints a thousand words, so an image is probably better than a link that will eventually expire or say '404 Error'...

Status
Not open for further replies.