0-60 Ford Fair 2010

Stribo

Banned user
Sep 12, 2007
not here
Matt (Ginja) was first up, had to beat 9.11 seconds of last year, shouldn't be a problem.

059.jpg

Oh bugger.

060.jpg

Next up was Dave (DYG3474) ST200 engine, gearbox, and fitted with a LSD this should be quick.

065.jpg

Hmmm.

066.jpg

Then Paul (Procomm) had a go, wouldn't be quick with that wing would it?

067.jpg

Surprise.(y)

068.jpg

Tony (Topcat1127) and his LPG powered Cat, how would it fare?

069.jpg

Not well. :(

070.jpg

Iain (Mofosob) next with a time of 7.91 seconds to beat.

072.jpg

Close, but no cigar.

073.jpg

Me next, time to show them how it's done.;)

076.jpg

Well, still the quickest, but over a second slower than last year.(n)

078.jpg

Si's (Scunnycougar) turn, would his police training shine through?

061.jpg

Um, no.:LOL:

084.jpg

And so to Al (Pid-16v) much was made of the Zetec's lightness surely this would help in an acceleration test.

085.jpg

Oh dear, back to the drawing board.

086.jpg

Nice set of pics there Steve - thanks presumably to Rachel (y)

Was thinking as I was blasting around today - would've much prefered it cool and damp with the risk of wheel spin than trying to do it in that swealtering heat - and queueing for an hour in the unforgiving sun - think it spoilt everyone's times - considering it was DOWNHILL as well o_O

For a car as big as the Cougar, I would have thought anything sub 9 seconds is quick.(y) Not the fastest car on the road by a distance, but the Cougar still holds her own with most things on the road today IMO, especially if they've had the odd mod or two along the way! :LOL:
Well done to all you guys who gave it a go!(y)

I think it was slightly unfair having a down hill slope for the test run!....I still reached about 75mph before the brakes came on, but must have started the clock by creeping forward, I'm sure in the real world my time was quite low realy ;)

Mine deffo bogged down, seemed like the IMRC overheated, tried it today and it was much quicker, will have a bash at timing it tomorrow on LPG and petrol to see what the difference really is, next FF the bonnet will be up before the sprint and the headlight removed, ST200 TB fitted Nitrous jetpack and stribo pushing lol ;-) was good fun tho

I think it was slightly unfair having a down hill slope for the test run!....I still reached about 75mph before the brakes came on, but must have started the clock by creeping forward, I'm sure in the real world my time was quite low realy ;)

That surprised me aswell Matt, i always though these things were done on a level strip.

Great pic's, but totally surprised by the 0-60 times??? I would have thought that those running K&N, modified exhaust systems would have been faster. Maybe the heat didn't help, as I know mine runs alot better when it's gulping in plenty of cold air.

Great set of pic's Steve & Rach, hopefully may be able to make it to next years meet??

looksa like good fun, gutted i couldnt make it, would love to have a go at the 0 -60, howvere the mrs hasnt dropped yet so i'll have to make do for driving round town looking cool! lol definatley wanna try and make this next year

I make no bones about it, I was gutted with 8.51.

The problems i found personally were that i did not quite give it enough revs off the start. I was keen to avoid wheel spin, but it bogged down a touch.

The other issue is the coug should only do 58 in second gear and a gear change costs you between 0.3 and 0.5 of a second.

I changed up to third rather than risk staying in second, because as much as i wanted a really quick time - not at the expense of screwing my engine.

That said with it being a slight down slope i may well have got away with it.

If the queues had not been so long i would have gone again.

Hey ho here's to 7.51 next year.

Think i could have broken the 8 min barrier if i had pushed harder but there is always the thought if my engine goes pop i'm walking home so I was a little tentative getting close to the redline. That said I thought the rear wing wouold have created alot more drag than it did so i am quite happy with a 8.27 (y)

It's quite addictive too, I did 4 runs at Trax a few years ago, I could most definately smell warm clutch by the end though, it was a sweltering day then but the track wasn't downhill, I managed only 8.52.

Well done to all those who had a go, it takes some balls, not least because you have to drive it home.

Seems like some good fun! i really hope i can make next years! Great time Steve!! What mods do you have??

Thanks Gav, I've got a K&N 57i, and a ST200 throttle body. Also have a quickshift, which I definitely think helps.

would agree about the heat not helping but i think in matt's favour it might have something to do with a c2?????

I cant wait to have a go next year if i aint working! Prob get abit addicted to it though.
My neighbour is going in his Mustang 4L V6 so will prob try and compete with him LOL!!