Falkirkfc

Forum user
Aug 8, 2010
Allandale
How are 2.5's for high mileage?

I had a 2.0 Cougar last year but sold it as it was underpowered.

I have a chance of a 98 2.5 cat with 124k on the clock with a decent service history altought not full.

Not costing a lot of money as it is a swap plus cash in my favour.I just want a cat again.

Stribo

Banned user
Sep 12, 2007
not here
As Paul said, make sure it's been well looked after, mines done just over 120K, and still going strong.

Falkirkfc

Forum user
Aug 8, 2010
Allandale
Not a happy man,Got a phone call from the guy i was buying the car off and he has told me that the subframe is knackered and he couldn't sell it.

I really wanted another Cougar,At least he was honest.

pauldf1971

Well-known user
Apr 8, 2009
glasgow
no problem this is my black cat which iam currently doing up,so it has a load of new parts once finished will be bunged in for an mot

pauldf1971

Well-known user
Apr 8, 2009
glasgow
i wont mince my words on this one i wont be taking anything less than £1200 for it reason being is the amount of work and parts iam putting into this.its all new front discs/pads,wishbones,droplinks,front springs,abs rings,new front abs sensors,cv gaitors,refurbed front calipers,aftermarket alloys,original ford multichanger to be reinstalled,underbody has been repainted in certain areas,will have a full service and valet done when mot'd front struts were dead so they were changed as well oh and its a black v6 vx full leather with a 112k on it