2.0ltr 16v Zetec Engine pic's - Please post pic's

V

VTS_16v_Boy

As I have mentioned already Im looking to return to the Cougar world and will probally go for another Twin Cam Zetec to be honest, mainly due to petrol and insurnance prices which the money could be better spent on my house or the missis :D

So on that note could 2.0ltr owners post pic's of their engine bays as I always love to detail my engine bays and I want some ideas of what I can do, on my cougar I painted my Manifold Heat Sheld Red and just touched up the Zetec writting on the cam cover with the same Red.

All pics from Standard to fully modded would be greatly welcomed

Thanx

Couple of piccies here matey,includes the pipercross with cold air feed from the front lower grill (see my garage)

zetecrubber.jpg

piperX.jpg

batcover.jpg

Wow thats a nice looking motor there sir :D

When I had mine I was looking at Weapon R induction kits that (looked like they) replaced the Ford box onto of the throttle body with a silver 90' bend like what you have, am I right in thinking thats the same as a focus 2.0ltr as well?

Any idea what the mods you have done have up'd the factory bhp (which Im not sure of)

Thanks for posting some pic's

That is the weapon R induction kit, along with pipercross cone filter, focus central 65mm throttle body, 10mm quad core ignition leads, crankcase breather filter.

where did you get the battery cover, if you dont mind me asking - its gorgeous! :D

p.whitelock said:
That is the weapon R induction kit, along with pipercross cone filter, focus central 65mm throttle body, 10mm quad core ignition leads, crankcase breather filter.

Thats right Paul (you should know) :LOL:

lynz
I bought the battery cover from "Warthog" a member on here, It was plain ss with the cougar head punched through but i cut it to fit and fabricated a flat battery strap. The cougar logo was a spare boot logo i had.

The pipercross is the current filter, the red no-discript is what i use while the pipercross is being cleaned.

Is that a Cougar strut brace or will a Mondeo item fit?

I looked at strut braces when I had mine and nearly bought one from custom cougars (which I think has changed its name and is now pants) but The size and weight of the item caused me worries on import charges :D pikey I know

Where did you get your Weapon R induction kit from?

I looked at strut braces when I had mine and nearly bought one from custom cougars (which I think has changed its name and is now pants) but The size and weight of the item caused me worries on import charges :D pikey I know

VTS_16v_Boy said:

I bought the strut brace from Mr Whitelock along with the W/R induction kit and the focus central T/B 65mm :LOL:

iirc the strut brace will fit the 2.0ltr mondeo so yes to both parts of your first question.

VTS_16v_Boy said:

I bought the strut brace from Mr Whitelock along with the W/R induction kit and the focus central T/B 65mm :LOL:

iirc the strut brace will fit the 2.0ltr mondeo so yes to both parts of your first question.

VTS_16v_Boy said:

Pid_16V said:
VTS_16v_Boy said:

Yes thats correct, its a mk2 mondeo OMP strut brace iirc.

Pid_16V said:
VTS_16v_Boy said:

Pid_16V said:
VTS_16v_Boy said:

Again another great, simple but clean 16v engine bay.

I knew the Cat shared alot of under the skin parts with the Mondeo but I wouldnt have thought the Mondeo brace would have cleared the Cats bonnet :D

lol The list of things to do 'This Time' is getting bigger and bigger thanks to members like Meschia and Pid_16v, thanks guys

Again another great, simple but clean 16v engine bay.

I knew the Cat shared alot of under the skin parts with the Mondeo but I wouldnt have thought the Mondeo brace would have cleared the Cats bonnet :D

lol The list of things to do 'This Time' is getting bigger and bigger thanks to members like Meschia and Pid_16v, thanks guys