2009 cougar ?????????

Think I prefer this ... Mercury Messenger;

mercurymessanger.jpg

Engine: 3.5 V6, 3.7 V6 twin turbo
Transmission: 6 speed manual or 5 speed auto
Comments: The 2010 Mustang update give Ford an opportunity to do a new Cougar. This is the Mercury halo car. While all the new age pony cars are chasing retro, this gives Ford an opportunity to go into the future. The engine options will be limited to V6 to give Mustang the headroom required in the V8 performance arena. This also means that the Eco-boost V6 will be a Cougar only engine and not available in the Mustang (which will have the new 5.0 V8).

Think I will stick with the cougar I have already, cheaper insurance more miles to the gallon and looks nicer. The back end looks so high you could fit a vanity unit in it.

Maybe now is the right time for Ford to consider another coupe based on the current Mondeo platform (although the car referred to in the original pic is hideous :nonod:!) - what with falling sales and new inspiration needed in the car market. Renault have done the same with the Laguna coupe, and VW have done a 4-coor Coupe version of the Passat. Could be a good "halo" car for them?! :idea:

Maybe now is the right time for Ford to consider another coupe based on the current Mondeo platform (although the car referred to in the original pic is hideous :nonod:!) - what with falling sales and new inspiration needed in the car market. Renault have done the same with the Laguna coupe, and VW have done a 4-coor Coupe version of the Passat. Could be a good "halo" car for them?! :idea:

:confused: Correct me if i'm wrong somebody, but isn't that a contradiction? nevermind the spelling :LOL:
How, can you have a 4 door Coupe'? :incazzato:

Tell Merc that with the CLS :LOL:

I think Ford might have to copy the Likes of VW and Renault and make a Coupe of its mid-range car*, i.e. The Focus (VW has the Sirocco and Renault the Megane coupe) they know from experience that the big coupes dont sell. Saying that though when ever I see a new Mondeo From the front it looks like it could become a very good looking coupe, it has the right stance.

*after shooting themselves in the foot when stopping production of the Puma

COUPE: A car with a fixed roof and two doors. It may or may not have a backseat. Coupes make up about 8% of all car sales. Coupes typically have a fixed trunk and should not be confused with hatchbacks, which are sometimes call three-door vehicles.
I've got a new Mondeo 'on order' & when I get it I'm going to 'Superglue' the back doors shut.

Can I call it a Coupe after that?
:ihih: :ihih: :ihih: :p

Tell Merc that with the CLS :LOL:

I think Ford might have to copy the Likes of VW and Renault and make a Coupe of its mid-range car*, i.e. The Focus (VW has the Sirocco and Renault the Megane coupe) they know from experience that the big coupes dont sell. Saying that though when ever I see a new Mondeo From the front it looks like it could become a very good looking coupe, it has the right stance.

*after shooting themselves in the foot when stopping production of the Puma

A drum roll please............: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/233857/focus_coups_licence_to_thrill.html
:wink5: Andy.

that does looks alot like the vw sirocco,looks cool though :smile5:

Yeah looks like the Volvo 3door (cant remember the name) but arn't we all forgetting there already is a Focus coupe, the CC, and I know several Cougar owners who would glady purchase one next .... me included ;)
ford_focus-cc-2008_r6.jpg