A bit of re-upholstery

Pid_16V

Admin (Uncle Al)
Club Admin
Nov 20, 2006
Mansfield (Robin Hood Country)
I bought this seat base from ebay a couple of weeks ago, and after a visit from Paul on Saturday, (to fit his dials) he told me he had also bought one and had got it fitted. I decided to take the plunge and fitted mine yesterday. A bit of a job taking the seat out and then having to dismantle the base, but it was well worth the effort.
My original seat had sunk, although the leather and the heater element are in good nick.
After fitting the new seat pad complete with new heater element, the seating position is much more comfortable for me, it feels like the seat needs lowering a bit more, even though it's at its lowest setting :)

My original pad out of the car:
IMAG0002.jpg

..and the new one in place. Now to get some leather feed treatment on it.

IMAG0004.jpg

Last edited:
Nice one Al, no longer part of the saggy seat brigade :eek: :eek: :) :)

Still an OFS member though (saggy bottom) o_O

Nice Al, I was too slow in trying to buy the other one. Are you going to refurb the foam in your original ?

As the seat is still generally in good condition, and the heating element works ok, i think this would just need some extra foam padding slabs inserting under the leather. I'll definately look into it when i get chance Rik.

I gave the seat some auto glym leather treatment, and it's made a world of difference to the finish of the leather. I'll leave it to absorb fully then give it some more tomorrow.

Nice one Al, looking great there mate. Isn't there tablets for a saggy bum? or some type of cream! LOL!!!