A blurple scoop fitted!

B

Blackadder

Really pleased with this, the fit and finish are superb (y)
The tape I used was very thin which helped to achieve the close fit to the bonnet, and I fashioned a channel on the underside of the point using a needle file, to assist drainage.

Not to everyone's taste of course, but it would be kinda boring if we all liked the same things :rolleyes5: :D

A big thank you to Phil for setting this up, Alan for the shiny shiny paint and Alex for providing the donor scoop for the mould.

Hopefully the pics will show just how good the fit is...and yes, I know the hedge needs cutting but I've been busy, ok? :mad2: :wink5:

ron_scoop1.jpg

ron_scoop2.jpg

ron_scoop3.jpg

ron_scoop4.jpg

ron_scoop5.jpg

ron_scoop6.jpg

Last edited:
thin tape...any glue?

Be interested to know how this well this sticks :)

So will I, considering there's only the windscreen between me and Mr Scoop :smile5:

I used the bonding adhesive as recommended by Alan (PID_16v) on the 8 mounting points. Going to leave it overnight to cure properly before risking a test drive :yikes: :D

Must say that looks excellent and top marks to uncle Al for a spot on paint job (y)

Last edited:
Great looking cat through and through! What ariel have you got on that btw?

well mine is a silver ripspeed about 6 inch from halfords if that any good to ya(y)(y)

WOW! You didn't hang about Ron, good for you mate. Scoop looks good and i am especially pleased its a good match. (y)
I was a bit apprehensive on my first motorway drive a few days after fitting mine. :skep:

So will I, considering there's only the windscreen between me and Mr Scoop :smile5:

I used the bonding adhesive as recommended by Alan (PID_16v) on the 8 mounting points. Going to leave it overnight to cure properly before risking a test drive :yikes: :D

Fitted mine last saturday in exactly the same way mate and it's still there after doing over 70 on the M27 on a 40 mile round trip to work every day in the wind and rain. So you should be ok (y)
Looks great BTW (y)(y)

it does indeed look stunning iam sitting on my hands incase i buy one as i have other things i need to get first lol