A couple of changes

scunnycougar

Well-known user
Jun 3, 2009
Sunny Scunny
Well, the Scooby project got binned in the end as far as the spoiler was concerned, i went for the OEM look.
Many many thanks once again to Al (Pid) for fitting this for me - top bloke, excellent tea - the day just flew by....thanks Al

DSCF1895.jpg

Along with the new spoiler are the new SGS struts.
Their service is second to none, and these struts are strong....just ask the cat which was sat on my boot when I open it - it is presently coming down from orbit!
DSCF1896.jpg

DSCF1897.jpg

Oh, the IMRC cover has changed and I have gone for a K+N cone filter too

DSCF1898.jpg

Does your boot open all the way up when you 'pop' it with the key now then, Si? I've always kind of fancied being able to do that, don't know why...

no, it does not go up without you pulling it up, although it does not need much encouragement!

Mine is not gassed as highly as you can have it, so i dare say it can be done though i am not sure i would recommend it

Does your boot open all the way up when you 'pop' it with the key now then, Si? I've always kind of fancied being able to do that, don't know why...

Rich, the 550nm dampers lift with quite some force, it wouldn't be a good idea for the boot lid to fly up any quicker imo, without having some kind of damper mechanism at the top end of the damper travel.

Looking good Si , enjoyed the chat today (y)

Si, that's looking top notch mate, your mastercard has been very busy I see....................but not as busy as The Pidster I'll wager lol!!:)

The spoiler, is deffo without any element of doubt, the right decision mate, that compliments the lines of the car much better IMO.(y)

I'm liking the new IMRC cover too & let me know how you get on with the cone, what differences you've noticed in sound & performance (if any)?

The struts serve as a reminder I need to get mine replaced, as most of my family (except me of course) have been seeing stars around my boot!:)

Excellent job by Al on the fitting of the spoiler & I'd guess the spraying too.:cool:

Si, that's looking top notch mate, your mastercard has been very busy I see....................but not as busy as The Pidster I'll wager lol!!:)

The spoiler, is deffo without any element of doubt, the right decision mate, that compliments the lines of the car much better IMO.(y)

I'm liking the new IMRC cover too & let me know how you get on with the cone, what differences you've noticed in sound & performance (if any)?

The struts serve as a reminder I need to get mine replaced, as most of my family (except me of course) have been seeing stars around my boot!:)

Excellent job by Al on the fitting of the spoiler & I'd guess the spraying too.:cool:

It's a good paint job, but unfortunately not one of mine. :D

The guy who made a balls of my alloys did the spoiler.

Luckily he did a great job of the spoiler and I went with him as the deal was too good to turn down.

I am now pricing up getting my alloys redone, such is the cack job that muppet did of them.

I am liking having a spoiler again

Nice one Si, you're brave letting him near your new spoiler after he made a balls up of your rims, but happily looks like he came good in the end.(y)

If it's anything like the experience I had with getting my rims refurbed, they may have previously been painted with spraycan paint which causes loads of reactions & is hard to refurb. The spoiler was brand new so wouldn't have presented any probs. All's well that ends well!(y)

looking good Si,looking really good but you need to put a bracket on that K & N otherwise it will damage the rubber

no, it does not go up without you pulling it up, although it does not need much encouragement!

Mine is not gassed as highly as you can have it, so i dare say it can be done though i am not sure i would recommend it

Mine is gassed to 700 and i have to hold onto it otherwise it feels and sounds like the bootlid is trying to be ripped off its hinges, still doesn't lift from the push button on its own though. You can buy a bracket system from SGS that works like the Lambo doors in a controlled way think that would be the only option for safely doing what Rich wants :)

Cars looking good Si (y)

Looking good Si, glad your pleased with the finish on the OEM spoiler. Good luck with finding some new alloys.