A few new pic's

ste_eck

Well-known user
May 11, 2008
Yesterday, cracking weather, so time to fit the st lump. Before I started I sat for ages looking at the engine, trying to see/think if I missed anything, that should be fitted before I installed it. I couldn't see/think of anything, but as I went on I had this nagging thought that I'd not done something that I should have!

Not many pic's as I was too involved in the refit, so these came from my missis's camera.

Engine is postion (gates shut to keep the dogs in!). I had to take off the gates to get the engine off my drive as they interfered. Time for a ciggie!
IMGP0293.jpg

Here she is going in, with a helping hand off my m8 big Jay.
IMGP0298.jpg

IMGP0297.jpg

IMGP0299.jpg

That was about all the pic's taken as she went in, I was too invloved to stop and think about pic's. I started to reconnect everything working 1st from the ecu and working clockwise around the engine. When I got round to the battery connections, this is when the penny dropped, I had forgot to change the main +ve power lead that goes from the battery to the starter and on to the alternator. The Cougar +ve connector has additional posts for reconnecting the additional +ve feeds. OK I could still use the ST +ve post connector, but I'm not happy. Also the Cougar lead has a large fuse at the back of the engine and I couldn't remember if the ST had this main fuse inline? So now I have to strip out the cable from the st engine now fitted and replace the old Cougar cable. This is going to be arkward, there's no room up there at the back of the bulkhead. Oh well, if this is the biggest problem I stumble across, then its not too bad.

So today, I have not touched the car, its been raining all day, so the following pic's show the engine fitted and what connections I have already made.
01062008236.jpg

01062008237.jpg

01062008238.jpg

01062008239.jpg

I am working tomorrow, but only upto lunch, so weather permitting all afternoon tomorrow will be spent on the car. Then I'm off all week so the job will be finished!

More pic's to follow.

Cheers

Ste

EDIT: Oops! Just realised I've posted this in the general section, can someone in admin move it to the pictures section? Sincere apols.

Nice job there - ST200...lovely. So due to the uprate in BHP are you having to upgrade the braking system too?

The ST200 came with exactly the same brakes as the V6 Cougar, so they should already be up to the job. However I will be upgrading the front end to 300mm dia disks at some point and using the new Mondy calipers to suit. I had a fair few arguments with insurance companies about what ST bits I need to fit along with the engine, I was sort of banging my head against a brick wall big time, until I spoke to Adrian Flux. The ST200 has almost identical running gear to the Cougar except from the rear antiroll bar that is 2mm thicker (I am waiting for my ST antiroll bar to be delivered!).

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool, so you can upgrade the engine with mods to make it quicker without really having to change the braking system. Will be interested to see what figures you get when you get her on a rolling road.

Keep up the good work m8

WildV6 said:
Cool, so you can upgrade the engine with mods to make it quicker without really having to change the braking system. Will be interested to see what figures you get when you get her on a rolling road.

Keep up the good work m8

For what it costs though, u may as well do the 300mm brake conversion if u need new discs. Thats if u can find a cheap set of calipers on ebay.