A thank you to Mr Alan Pidduck ........

F7OUD

Well-known user
Sep 5, 2009
Barry, South Wales.
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I wanted as many people to see this as possible.
Now I know Alan might not like this but I needed to say something.
If any of you have been following my thread you will know I have been on the upgrade spree again with my car. If you take a look at the thread you will see it is now complete.

So on to Mr Alan Pidduck..............

I will tell you the story, when I bought my car back in September 2009 I had a problem with it, it had a flashing airbag light and no horn working. I stumbled across this site, I posted a question for any help and Alan was first to respond, he told me what my problem was and offered me the part to fix it which I bought off him. I fitted it and it solved my problems.

Alan's help convinced me to join the site, if it was not for him I would have never joined up or bothered with it at all.

And now onto today, once again Alan offered his services in a full Blue led upgrade + eglow clocks + inverter + instructions on how to wire it all in. Once again Alan was spot on with it all.
He also responded to any questions or requests I had quickly and without fuss.

My car is now back together again and fully working 100%.

I would like to take this chance to thank Alan for all his hard work he puts into the site with members old and new. One day I will get the chance to meet him in person to thank him.

Keep up the good work Alan

Cheers Peter.

Alan is a damned good bloke and has helped me out with a few bits and pieces on my Coug and has always offered sound advice at the end of the phone when I have called him on occasion (as to with others such as Kully - another brilliant bloke and good friend). If it weren't for the kind people on this site, then a lot of us would have been at a total loss and would have paid garages handsomely for their little knowledge about our Cougs. To Alan and everyone who has ever leant a hand to anyone in distress I take my hat off to you :)

Brilliant thread there Peter.

Agreed, had the pleasure of meeting Alan on a couple of occasions and the 'Batcave' came to my rescue not too long ago when Coog developed a leaky hose. Top bloke and a credit to this forum (y)

He might be an old jerkoff but I think that he's ok, Vonny needs to brush up her tackling skills for cougarfest 2011 though.:LOL::LOL::LOL:

I can't say that he's physically helped me out in my time on here but then I haven't needed help, he has helped me a few times with advice though and has sprayed a front grille for Ria's cougar last year.

I'm not really into backslapping threads but I can see that he, and a lot of others on here are only too willing to help if anybody needs it. That quality is a trait of this club, it always has been and always will be.

Well! First off, thanks guys for all the posts, and thanks Peter for your appreciation :giggle: I am yet again, humbled. I've purposely put off replying to this because tbh, i didn't know what to say, but like it's been said so many times i've lost count, i do what i do because i really do enjoy being here in this club, with everybody involved in it.
I'de like to dedicate this thread to all the members here, we all in one way or another help each other out whenever or where ever we can, ie cougarforce is a great example, keeping cats running on the road when they might otherwise end up in the scrapyards. Pulling each others cars apart at cougarfest (because we want to, not because we have to, and anyway, we like it :D)
Members travel up and down the Country to "give a hand" or even just to "be there" and give moral support or make tea, or burn kitchens down o_O:LOL::angel:. It's what makes this what it is, even more than the cars. Yes the cars is what we all have in common, and it's what brought us together here and eventually meet face to face.
During my time here, i've met people who i know i never would have, if it wasn't for this car of mine, at a time when i especially needed some outlet. The company i met has been great, i've even met people who i now consider friends, in the real sense of the word.
...so, to sum up. While i am greatful and humbled that people can actually post their thanks and appreciation, let's not forget all the others here who make this forum what it is.

UKCOUGAR.COM

Thankyou